One face, two places

Shayne's pov.
(I don't want to make the time skip too long but it can't be too short Ahhh)
Shayne took another swig of his drink, and let his eyes sway across the room easily. It had been about a month and a half  since he, Damien, and (y/n) talked everything over.

He felt a lot better about the whole situation, and decided to take a night off. Alcohol sat in his stomach, warm and fuzzy.
He wasn't drinking to escape, he was drinking to celebrate. To celebrate what, was the question. In truth he didn't know, but he was having a nice time. He made eye contact with a short blonde haired girl in the crowd, she smiled and winked before dancing away.
He smirked and rolled his eyes, he wouldn't chase her tonight. He finished off his drink, and paid.
He exited the bar, deciding to go down town and walk around, the air wasn't too warm and a nice breeze had decided to settle on the town and cool him off.
He wasn't drunk by any means, hardly tipsy. But he was happy, and the alcohol had made him a bit fuzzy.
After walking and window shopping, he headed over to a small park, deciding to sit.
It was late to be out, probably around 11:20 pm, but he didn't mind.
He heard the echo of laughter, chatter, and music bounce off of the building walls and city streets. Looking around he saw couples miling about, and groups of friends drunkenly dancing and singing together. He smiled to himself and looked back up at the sky. He realized that, he wasn't terribly happy, he was still heart broken after all, but he was content. And for right now, content was okay with him.
It was better than the sadness and bitter frustration he had let consume him in the months past.
He felt a gentle and light  tap on his shoulder, 3 fingers proding gently.
He looked up to find the blonde woman he had made eye contact with in the bar standing behind the park bench he had taken seat on.
"Yes?" He asked, kindly.
"Is this seat taken?" She asked.
"Yes, by you." He flirted, moving aside.
She smiled softly and sat down next to him.
"You didn't follow me." She said shortly, leaning her head back looking at the somber tree sitting peacefully... stuck in one place.
"No, I didn't, " He answered her, the cool breeze blowing on his warm face, "but you followed me." He finished.
She stayed quiet, upon closer inspection Shayne realized she was around his age, her eyes were warm and welcoming, yet held a subtle cool and wiseness to them, a bark brown. Much like the bark of the very tree they were sitting under. Her hair was just barely reaching her shoulders, it looked like it had been curled previously in the day. Her makeup was done up, and it didn't look terribly disrupted. She was probably as drunk, or not drunk Shayne supposed, as he was.
"I did." She nodded, shifting her body to face him more directly.
"Why?" He asked, it was not a simple question. He wondered if she'd answer it. The yellow street lights and neon signs glowed hazily off her bronze and beautiful sepia colored skin. Shayne was startled by her beauty.
"You were interesting, you left, you drank but not a lot, you didn't dance. You just watched." She mused, her airy light voice held a mysterious edge.
Shayne leaned back "Care to dance?" He flirted, carelessly. Yet as careless as it was, it was intentional.
"Depends," she paused, "who's place are we dancing at and for how long?" she asked.
"Mine, and we'll see if you and I will dance more after this." He said, standing up and offering his hand.
He wasn't drunk enough for this, but the way she talked... he knew she had recently been through the same thing he had.
-
-
-
Shayne laughed, a bottle of whiskey passed between him and Tia, as he'd found out her name was, as they danced around the his living room to songs that played on whatever the hell station he tuned into on his radio.
Neither of them heard the music.
She laughed with him, her laugh echoing like bells.
He wondered if he had met her before, she seemed so familiar.
Her honeycomb autumn scent washed over him as he took her into an embrace, kissing her neck lightly.
She giggled, taking a sip of the whiskey.
He wondered if he was doing the right thing, if either of them were, or if they were just lost in the moment.
He wondered if that was a bad thing.
He was not one to often have these types of flings, he wondered if she was.
He wondered a lot of things.
After some kissing, among things, they laid entangled on the couch, Shayne stopped kissing her for a moment and she spoke, hand in his hair.
"My dear, shayne?" She asked, a heaviness to her voice.
"Yes?" He asked, face pressed against the crevice of her neck and shoulder.
"Care to do this more, on different nights?" She inquired.
"Yes." He answered, as they went back to their previous activity, spending the night in a manner Shayne had never considered himself doing.
Come morning Shayne found Tia asleep beside him, white covers bunched around her face, hair sticking to her lips. She slept peacefully even as the morning light peaked through the blinds and settled on her dark skin.
Shayne brushed the hair back, out of her face, and frowned. He doubted he was going to get over (y/n) anytime soon, but now was a good time to start.
He got up, and put his pants on. Well, his underwear first of course.
He padded out of his room silently, making sure to keep the door cracked as he began to cook breakfast for them, he decided that pancakes would do... He pondered over how to make the batter.
-
-
-
HI! So I LOVE symbolism and poetry so I decided to make this chapter more descriptive!
Anyways,,, where I've been.
For a while I was lost and didn't really know what to do, I was stressed, I was focusing on my acedemics and friends and boyfriend and... my life was a big mess. I had a terrible string of bad luck and I just wanted to cry, but I kept going and now I decided to update. Recently somebody reached out to me about some problems at home, and I was touched. I realized just how wide spread abuse was, it wasn't any of you guys, and it wasn't somebody who I had talked to on the regular, in fact I don't know them in person. It was a big deal and it meant a lot to me, so please if any of you even have a slight doubt or thought in your mind that you might be in any type of abusive relationship, reach out. Whether it's to me, a friend, or a family member, please reach out.
-
How was this chapter?

How was your day?

How have you been doing mentally?

Anything you'd really like to see before the end of the book?

Want to see anything more?

Any questions you have about the book/abuse/me?