A disturbance of sleep and a long drive

(If you don't wear glasses, oh well you do now welcome to the world of the blind.)  

You groaned as a harsh ringing filled your ears and woke you from your sleep. Wondering if you had accidentally set your alarm for work when you didn't have it that day, you rolled over and grabbed it off the table. Harsh light from your phone made you wince as it filled your face and stung your eyes. Instead of the alarm as you had previously thought, it was a phone call. You couldn't read the name as you didn't have your glasses on, but you decided to answer it.

"I swear to god if this is a scammer or something I'm going to be so pissed off," you thought answering the phone with a raspy "Hello?".

"Hey...(Y/n), sorry if I woke you but I'm a bit of a predicament and I could really use some of your most gracious help in this time of need." Damien's voice rushed over the phone.

"Damien? What time is it...? And what's the predicament?" You asked groggily, turning on your bedside lamp.

 A soft off-white light filled your room.  You sat up and leaned against the backboard of your bed. Glancing around at your light purple walls. You had an "I want to believe" poster on your wall, as well as some 80's movie posters such as one for the breakfast club, the goonies, aliens, and Raiders of the lost ark. These were in various nicely-positioned spots on your walls. Your blinds were closed, and your computer desk sat opposite from you along with your mirror. Your door was to your left, and so was your bedside table. On this rested your glasses, car keys, a mini succulent plant, and your lamp. Along with a book that you've been reading called "Neuromancer". 

"Why is he calling me for help? We're not even all that close. Surely he's closer to Shayne, Wes, Mari, and even Boze and Joven." You wondered, waiting for his response.

"Well, it is currently two in the morning, and my car broke down on Adams Boulevard." He explained, he sounded incredibly distressed and you could hear the rain pouring down from where he was. 

"I'll be there in a quickie, Damien," You answered calmly "You want some coffee? I'm going to be stopping at a Starbucks to get some so I don't crash my car." You laughed, grabbing your glasses and putting them on so you could see. Tossing the covers off of you, you rolled out of bed stretching. Grabbing a pair of pants you slipped them on over your blue underwear, and put on a bra underneath your pajama shirt. This was just a Legend of Zelda shirt you had totally not stolen from your dearest best friend, Wes. 

"I'd love some, thanks so much (Y/n)." Damien breathed a sigh of relief and you heard his car door open and shut.

"Damien, were you standing outside in the rain?" You asked while grabbing your keys and pulling your hair out of your shirt.  

There was a slight pause in his response and when he did reply he sounded a bit upset "Yeah...yeah I'm soaked. I was trying to fix the engine but I couldn't see, I don't even know if it's the engine that isn't working or something else." He took a deep breath.

"Want me to bring some dry clothes for you too? Wes left some of his pajamas here in case he and I do a movie binge-watching night... since he doesn't watch movies and I beg him to all the time, y'know?." You explained hurriedly while exiting your room and heading down your hallway. You flicked on the light so you could see.

"No that's alright, maybe just bring a towel so I don't soak your car," Damien said giving a weak laugh.

"Alrighty, I'll be there in a jiffy Mr.Haas." You joked, trying to make him feel better. 

"Poor Damien,"  you thought while jogging down your stairs. You reached your living room and made a beeline for your laundry room. Your living room had a long dark gray L-shaped couch, with a black wood coffee table that laid on a fuzzy light gray rug that expanded underneath the couch, and the ottoman that matched the couch that sat right of the coffee table and further away from it. A fake white orchid sat on the table, and three books were stacked on the table left of the orchid on the side of the table. The pillows matched the couches, and two sat on both sides of the couch. In  back of the couch, a few feet away was your windows and a sliding glass door that gave way to your patio. Left of it was an indent that lead to the kitchen. You walked right, past your couch and entered a hallway. Hanging on the wall that the hallway intersected was your tv. Heading into the hallway you walked past your bathroom that was to your left.

"Again, thank you so much Ms.(Y/l/n)," Damien laughed, before getting serious "this means a lot to me." You could tell he genuinely meant it, and you smiled.

"No biggie, I don't mind helping out a friend." You said, entering the laundry room and quickly grabbing a towel. You walked back and out of the hallway, passing your couch again you headed towards the door and left. It was actually raining, in LA. 

"This is so rare for LA, and unfortunate for poor Dami."  You said internally and got into your car. You had a  1969 Chevrolet Camaro, gifted to you by your father. You absolutely adored it, and everybody knew how much you did. Your love and knowledge of old cars was something unique that you brought to the group, and you were proud of that. 

"See ya soon, Damien." You started the engine.

"See ya soon!" Damien said and hung up the phone.

You put the car in reverse and backed out of your driveway, sorely thinking "The one day I don't have work and could've slept in, too!"

AND WITH THAT I SAY, TO BE CONTINUED!

Alright, guys here's the living room:

As usual, the daily feedback questions! Please answer as I haven't done an X reader before, and would like to know about you guys more!

How was this chapter?

Was it too slow?

What can I improve on?

How are you feeling today, anything nice happen? If not let your anger out and rant to me here!

How are you liking the book so far?

Should I go more in-depth with "your" thoughts? 

Lemme know! :)