A text sent, but a message delivered

(Hey all, I don't have any pictures of Damien at the moment, so enjoy a picture of my boyfriends dog.) Oh, and Damien's POV.

Damien sat back on the couch, waiting for (y/n) to get done changing.
He looked at his phone.
One missed call from: Shayne
He groaned inwardly and felt bad, remembering that he had promised Shayne he'd be over at his house later tonight.
He picked up his phone and called.
"Hey man, what's up?" Shayne answered the phone, he didn't sound too annoyed.
"Hey, Buddy, I'm so sorry. My car broke down, I've uh... been staying at (y/n)'s place since yesterday since she answered the phone and came out and picked me up." Damien explained, running his free hand through his hair.
"Oh, wait at (y/n)'S?" Shayne said, before continuing "I didn't think you guys were... close." He ended his sentance flatly.
"We're not that close." Damien reassured him, a sinking feeling rising in his chest. "She was the only one to answer her phone, and offered to drive me to work for the next two days." Damien explained again, leaning backwars on the sofa.
"Alright man, you could've just crashed here." Shayne said, sounding dissapointed.
"I know, but you didn't answer and she already offered." Damien replied.
"Alright, well have fun." Shayne said flatly, as Damien stretched.
"You too. Bye shayne" Damien answered, and heard the line click as shayne ended the call. Damien opened his texts and clicked on Shayne's name
______________________________
D: Oh come on Shayne, you know I don't like her.
S:You sure?
D:...
D: For the most part.
S: For the most part?!
D: are we seriously going to fight over a girl? We're not in middle school!
S: you're right, I'm sorry.
D: I'm sorry too, man.
S: Friends?
D: Best friends.
_____________________________

Damien looked up towards the stairs as he heard a creak. (y/n) walked downstairs, with a towel on her shoulders. Her hair was still dripping from the pool, since they had gotten out not too long ago.
Damien felt a warmth spread in his chest, and he smiled
"Took you long enough!" he called.
"Sorry sorry." (y/n) said, grinning.
Reaching the bottom of the stairs she walked towards the couch and plopped down beside him, reaching for the remote.
"Why didn't you turn the TV on?" She said curiously, clicking the on button.
"Oh, Shayne called and I missed it so I called him back." Damien exclaimed.
"Ah, well what do you want to watch?" She asked, leaning into the sofa.
"Hm... Game of thrones?" Damien asked.
"Hmm, all that I have is recordings that I havent deleted yet, and episodes we've already watched.
"What do you want to watch?" He asked.
"How about (your favorite show)?" She asked, opening Netflix from the Amazon firestick™ (unfortunately "not sponsored" although you already knew that.)
"Sounds good to me." He said, smiling.
He knew it was her favorite show, Shayne had told him. In fact most of the stuff he knew about her, Shayne told him. Shayne or Wes, he corrected himself.
Damien's phone buzzed on the table, (y/n) was too focused on her show to notice. Damien held back a smile, and grabbed his phone.
It was Adam.
______________________________
A: Hey man
D: Hey, what's up?
A: I'm heading out for a day or two, so if you come back and im not there... Yknow.
D:alright got it, thanks.
A: So... you still at that one chick's house?
D: Her name is (y/n), and yes. I am.
A: You two aren't a thing? Because I saw her in the post you made with her... She's pretty cute
D: No we're not a thing, but please stop. She's my coworker, have some respect.
A: I wasn't being disrespectful, all I said was that she was cute.
D: Adam you know I love ya, but man... leave it alone.
A: Okay okay, see ya later Dames.
D: See ya later.
__________________________________

(Y/N) had moved closer to him, little by little. Accidentally, he figured. Everytime something big happened, she moved around.
Their shoulders were grazing now, and Damien felt his face heat up as (y/n) rested her head on his shoulder. He tensed, and felt bad when she quickly lifted her head up.
"Sorry, did I make you uncomfortable... or was it my wet hair?" She said apologetically, shifting away. Damien felt the warmth from his right shoulder leave with her.
"N-no. Im just used to watching TV alone," he lied, he had known she was there and wished desperately that she would lay her head on his shoulder again "I just forgot you were here, so when you rested your head on my shoulder I freaked." He laughed.
"O-oh." She said, eyeing him.
"You can rest your head on my shoulder." He said warmly.
"You sure?" She asked.
"I'm sure." He said.
He felt the warmth of her body against his side, and her head press into his shoulder. He rested his cheek against her head, and watched the TV happily.
-------
-
-
-
Suprise! Two days in a row! And a Damien pov!
Thank you for reading!
As per usual:
How was this chapter?

How was the dialogue?

Was it too short?

Anything I can add in the future?

How was your day?