A slow goodbye but a quick hello

You thought awkwardly back to earlier when Damien had to wake you up from you falling asleep on him last night and thought about drowning yourself in your bowl of cereal, a classy way to go.
You had, not only drooled about him while sleeping, but drooled on him. The second one, unfortunately, was not a figure of speech.
After you woke up you prodded around Mari's house doing your best to avoid him out of pure and utter shame over the matter.
"Hey (y/n), what's up?" Mari asked, sliding onto the stool besides you.
"My complete and utter embarrassment." You said in a quiet monotone voice.
"Oh did something happen between you and Damien?" Mari asked worried.
"I drooled on him, Mari. Drooled." You said, a hint of despair in your voice.
"Maybe he's into that?" Mari tried to help, it made you snort and soon you both were dying of laughter.
Damien walked up "What's so funny?" he asked with a half cocked grin.
You two looked at him, looked at each other, and started to laugh again.
He just rolled his eyes and soon Boze joined you all at the counter.
You dug into your cereal, getting over your embarrassment and self pity. Damien was nice, and he probably didn't mind.
Damien's phone rang, and he answered it.
After a little while and some confirming words, he hung up.
"My car is all fixed up." He said, grinning at you.
You felt a drop of dissapointment, but you smiled back.
"Great, let's get dressed and we can head on our way." You said.
"Okay!" He confirmed, and threw your keys to you.
-
-
-
You looked at Damien, who was wearing his red flannel shirt and dark jeans. You raised your eyebrows and grinned, falsely.
"You ready to get your car back?" You said cheerfully, but you felt your heart weigh heavily in your chest. You didn't want him to leave.
He got out of the car, and after a second of thinking you followed him.
"What are you doing?" He asked, confused.
"Oh well... just want to make sure you're not stranded without a ride," you said winking "Mechanics can be wonky sometimes." You joked, coming over and elbowing him.
"Hey now," he chided "that's not very nice."
"I bet..." he said pretending to think, and swaying a bit, "you're just going to miss me."
"Is that what you think?" You asked.
"It is what I think." He said honestly.
"Well... you're right." You admitted.
He looked at you suprised and opened the door for you.
"Don't worry (y/n/n) go home, I'll drive over after I get my car." He said, kissing you on the forehead and shutting the door behind him.
You stood there, heart beating a little quickly against your ribs.
Driving home, you couldn't wait for Damien to meet you.
-
-
_
Hey guys... so I know that this chapter was super short. I usually try to make my chapters at least 1,300 words but... obviosuly that didn't happen.
I'm on vacation spending time with my family but I had planned to update before I left. Unfortunately, I got sick before  and a little bit into my vacation.