Not you too.

(Damien's pov)

"Look, Damien, I don't know what you did to upset Shayne but you really hurt him and you need to fix it." Mari stated, completely serious and sounding disappointing.

"And if the only way to fix it is to hurt somebody else?" Damien asked, turning to face her. 

"Then you'll have to make it up to both of them." Mari rested her chin on her hand, staring at him from the chair she was sitting on.

"No, you don't understand the situation." Damien muttered, rubbing his face with his hands. 

"Then tell me the situation." Mari said, exasperated.

"Alright alright, fine. I'm dating the girl he's in love with and he yelled at her, and she yelled back, and now he's blaming me." Damien said. 

He could tell Mari knew it was (y/n), but she kept silent about that part instead saying "That's like...breaking best friend rules 101. How'd it happen?" Mari asked, flatly.

"Not you too." Damien sighed, and sat in a  chair.

"Not me too, what?" Mari asked, confused.

"You're angry at me too." Damien sighed. His shoulders slumped, he was stressed and exhausted. Why couldn't anyone just be happy for him?

"Maybe, but how did it happen?" Mari asked.

"We were sitting on her couch watching a horror movie, and we ended up kissing." Damien explained.

"Do you truly like her?" Mari asked, choosing to fixate her attention on cleaning her desk.

"What? Yes, I-" He continued, at this point he was starting to get angry "Why would you even ask that?" He continued.

"Did you know that Shayne liked her?" Mari inquired, now returning her attention to Damien.

"I came to you for advice and i'm getting an interrogation." Damien growled.

"Did you know Shayne liked her?" Mari asked again, edge to her voice.

"YES- god is that what you wanted? I couldn't help it, okay? I liked her too!" Damien snapped, standing up and exiting the room. He felt like the whole world was against him, and he had nobody to turn to. (Y/n) and Shayne had said some pretty harsh things to each other, and yet Shayne was the only one to throw accusations at him-but he had every right to. Damien thought, the reality of the situation had really just started to weigh in on him.

He bumped into Ian. "Damien, hey man I need to talk to you, c'mon." Ian said, as he realized it was Damien.

Damien sighed but nodded "Yeah, okay." He agreed to follow Ian, Ian lead him down the office and into an empty office space.

"So... Shayne showed me a video." Ian continued once they had both sat down. Though Damien had thought that his heart couldn't sink any further, it did. 

"And?" Damien asked, hoping it wasn't what he knew it was.

"You know I need to know about coworker relationships." Ian said, "Next time please inform me. I already gave (y/n) a warning." Ian spoke calmly, and Damien knew he knew what the situation is. 

"Thank you Ian, i'll be sure to." Damien thanked him, and began to stand up.

"Oh and Damien-" Ian said, interrupting Damien's exit.

"Yes?" He asked, turning towards Ian.

"Talk to him, explain to him how it happened and why." Ian said, before turning back to do some work on his computer, "You two are both adults, he should understand." 

"Thank you, Ian." Damien said, his heart lightening up.

"You're welcome." Ian said, and Damien upon exiting wondered how he had known what to do in this situation. 

A little short chapter for you guys to help you alleviate some of the pain.