What are we doing here anyways?

You parked your car and got out, Damien doing the same.
You locked it, and started off down the sidewalk, making Damien jog to catch up to you for a little bit before slowing your pace.
"Aw C'mon (y/n/n), slow down." He whined while keeping up a decent pace.
"Alright alright," You conceded slowing down "Hey you need to pick up your car?" You asked, letting your feet fall into rhythm with his.
"Yeah, yeah they should call when they've fixed my car." He said, scratching the back of his neck.
"Okie Dokie tell me when I need to drive you out there." You replied, looking into a window to see what the store had.
"So... What are we doing here?" Damien inquired, stopping beside you.
"Dunno, I just wanted to get out of the house. When better to do that than with a friend?" You answered, looking up at him.
He grinned "You have a point."
"Don't I always?" You winked at him, then continued walking.
"Yes, yes you do." He concluded, following close behind you.
"What do you want to do?" You hummed, skipping forwards a bit and turning around to face him.
He chuckled and grabbed your arm, pulling you closer to him so you didn't bump into the person that was behind you. You felt yourself heat up a little bit and almost tripped. You quickly righted yourself and gave a nervous chuckle.
He smiled at you gently "Wanna go see a movie or something?" He asked.
"That'd be nice." You said, he finally let go of your arm and you turned back around and walked beside him, swinging your arms.
"Full of energy?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.
"What can I say? Pancake batter does wonders." You laughed, nudging his arm.
"OH hush!" He rolled his eyes, smirking.
"What movie do you want to see?" You asked.
"How's A Quiet Place sound?" He asked, sparing a glance at you.
"Sounds amazing, Dami." You answered, grinning.
"I'll pay." He said, his face growing a shade of red.
"Now now, That sounds like a date Damien!" You teased, batting your eyelashes on him.
He just gave a laugh and a quiet "OH it doooeeesss! Woops I didn't mean it like that."
"It's okay Damien-" You said, patting him on the back, "and since you said that, the movies are on you now." You winked. He gave a huff of laughter and an okay as you two doubled back towards the cinema you just passed.

Though you were playing it cool, the thought of going on a semi-not-really-date with Damien made your heart speed up and your face grow hot, you were just glad your makeup covered the redness somewhat.

-

-

-

You jumped in your seat and Damien jumped too, and you let out the breath you were holding letting your breathing return to normal. From the corner of your eye, you saw Damien sneak a glance at you. You kept staring at the screen, flustered. His eyes were still on you, and you resisted the urge to turn your head to face him. You saw his glance return to the screen and you were able to concentrate on the movie again. At one point, you were faintly aware of yourself burying your face in Damiens' arm as he wrapped his other arm around you and kept watching the screen. Throughout the whole movie you had been able to watch everything, but that scene was just too much. (I don't want to spoil the movie). You held your breath until you thought you were about to pass out, before giving a shaky exhale. Damien moved his head down near yours.

"It's okay, it's over now." He whispered, moving his head back up.

You lifted your head up a little bit, peering over Damien's other arm. You whispered a sorry to Damien for using him as a horror shield, then sat back in your seat arms wrapped around your legs.

"It's okay, I didn't mind." He whispered back, giving a full reassuring grin at you.

You smiled back and jumped as noise exploded through the theatre after the silence of the last scene. You heard Damien give a small quiet chuckle and glared at him. He gave a warm smile at your glare and you turned away. This was probably not the best movie to see, you thought as you concentrated on the screen again.

-

-

-

"How'd you like the movie (y/n)?" Damien asked as you two excited the movie theatre.

"I thought it was great! Oh my god it was so tense though." You concluded.

Damien agreed, and you both headed out of the movie theatre. 

"Owwwww," You whinned as the sun hit your eyes.

"What?" Damien asked, looking at you with concern.

"The sun hurts." You answered grumpily, squinting against the suns harsh light.

Damien took his sunglasses off of the front of his shirt and handed them to you. You looked at him 

"You sure? You don't need to use them?" You asked, taking them hesitantly.

"No, I'm okay." He smiled softly.

You took your glasses off and put them on the collar of your shirt. You put on his sunglasses and gave him a dorky grin as the glasses were a bit big on you. He laughed and rolled his eyes. You grabbed your phone out of your pocket and opened the camera app. 

You and Damien took a few selfies, and you posted it on your Instagram, captioned "Two goofs waiting for a car repair." 

You tucked your phone back into your pocket as Damien got a call on his phone.

"Hello?" He answered, and gave a few words of confirmation. He put his phone away and sighed.

"What's wrong, Damien?" You asked.

"Apparently they need to do a full cylinder head repairment, and it'll take about two days." He answered, rubbing his face out of stress.

"Do you need to stay at my place for another two days? It wouldn't be a problem, and since we work at the same place it's not like it's costing me anything more." You offered.

He nodded his head yes "Thanks," He said, sighing.

This was going to be an interesting couple of days...

-

-

-

END OF CHAPTER!

Sorry, it took so long to publish, I have been extremely busy lately and have had hardly any time to write :(

What did you guys think of this one?

Anything I should add?

Any requests?

How's your day been?

And as always, thanks for reading!