A chat with your best bud

Damien had gone home to apologize to his felines, and you had crashed on the couch emotionally drained, but happy.
You decided to call Wes, and though it wasn't fair that Damien couldn't tell Shayne... you couldn't keep this to yourself.
You decided to text him to get on discord and talk to you for a bit.

Code pink. It was a word you and Wes created awhile back that meant "I have a date, and a very serious secret to tell."
Soon enough your discord was ringing and you answered.
"Okay what code pink." Wes asked, his face too close to the camera. It made you snort, he did it on purpose.
"Sooo... Okay promise lips sealed?" You asked, making a fein suspicious face.
"Pinky promise lips are sealed." He said, showing his pinky finger to the camera.
"Uhhh Damien and I kissed on my couch and now we're secretly dating because Shayne likes me and we don't want to hurt him." You explained in one breath, quickly.
"No." Wes fake gasped.
"Yes." You wailed, throwing a hand over your face dramatically.
"So how'd this happen?" He asked.
-
-
-
"AND then Shayne left?!" Wes exclaimed after you had finished most of the story.
"Yeah and I went back inside, oh my... Wes I was so... devestated." You sighed, hands rubbing your face. You had migrated to your room where you set your phone up propped on your lap.
"I would be too! But hey it's okay I'll bring you some candy tomorrow." He said, holding up a peice of your favorite candy.
"You're the best, but also I'm not done with my story." You thanked him.
" You're welcome, and please tell more!"
"I went back inside and started to cry because I was conflicted, Yknow?, and then Damien comes over and my mind clears... we talked and then I asked him to be my secret boyfriend."
"So this is a serious code pink... a hot pink if you will."
You chuckled and nodded.
Wes's fiance called him to bed, it was around 12 now.
"Bye wes, love you." You ended the call, a small weight lifted off your chest.
"Bye (y/n), love you too."
You heard his fiance call in the background "Is that (y/n)?!"
"Yeah!" wes yelled back. He was downstairs, leaving the upstairs bed for her.
"Tell her I love her and she needs to come over more!" You heard her yell.
"Tell her I love her too and I will." You returned, and Wes relayed your message upstairs.
You both logged off, and you plugged your phone into the charger.
One text:
Damien.
You read as your phone lit up. You swiped it open and checked the messages.

You relaxed, put your phone up and fell asleep

You relaxed, put your phone up and fell asleep... happily.
-

-
-
-
Really short chapter Ik I'm sorry! I want to get more chapters out without ruining the quality so shorter chapters will have to do when I'm busy with school and I apologize for that, I'll probably write long ones on weekends unless y'all just want long chapters every so often.
How was your day?
How was the chapter?
Did you enjoy the new text stuff or should I revert back to how I used to, using just wattpad and bold + italics?

As always, thanks for reading :) I appreciate all of your comments and I will reply to each and every one of them, and if I don't wattpad probably had an issue of not "publishing" my reply. Thanks! 💕