Two friends, a pool, and some music

You and Damien sat on a bench outside eating some icecream.
"Yknow Damien, you really didn't have to pay for both the movies and the ice cream." You said, swinging your legs.
"No, but it's the least I could do." He said, looking up at the sky before licking his ice cream.
"AND make breakfast." You added, giving him a pointed look.
"You didn't have to drive out at unholy hours in the morning to pick me up because my car broke down as it happened to be the only rainy day here in your old car." He said, returning the look, "but you did." He said, leaning forwards and looking back at you.
You smiled softly as the sunlight hit his face, lighting up his eyes and making his face seem gentle. His hair shone, too, you noticed.
You couldn't bring yourself to look away, that is until icecream dripped down your hand.
"OH shi-" you cut yourself off and licked the icecream off of your hand.
He laughed, and your heart swelled. His laugh, to you, sounded more beautiful than anything you'd ever heard before.
"Damien." You said suddenly, not thinking.
"Yes?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.
You hesitated, the thought you had previously vanished from your mind and you opened your mouth. No words fell.
"What is it, (Y/N/N), are you okay?" He said, voice concerned. He sat up and put his hand on your shoulder.
"OH no-- I mean yes I'm OK. I just got lost in thought; what are we doing after icecream." You rushed, stumbling over your words. You tucked a strand peice of your hair behind your ear with your free hand, and quickly began to lick the fast melting ice cream again.
" OH, uh... " Damien said, removing his hand from your shoulder, and clearly confused.
"It's fine if you don't have any idea yet." You said in between licks.
"We could go back to your place and chill in the pool?" He asked.
"Yes." You said a little too quickly, too glad for the idea.
"Perfect!" Damien grinned, and the day was set.
-
-
-
"Damien come on!" You yelled, you had somehow gotten changed quicker than him, and were waiting for him in the pool. He had appeared behind the sliding glass doors and was dancing around inside, waving a towel.
You were laying on a watermelon raft, relaxing as you played some music from your speaker.
"Alright, alright" Damien said conceding as he slid open the glass doors and stepped outside.
"Ouch ouch ouch!" He yelled over-dramatically as he jumped from foot to foot sliding the door closed on the stone patio you had.
He quickly ran and did a cannon ball into the pool, successfully splashing you.
"HEY!" you yelled playfully, splashing him as he resurfaced.
"Hey, the patio was hot!" He exclaimed, spashing you back.
"Not fair, I was relaxing and you splashed me!" You said, kicking some water at him.
"OH it's on." He laughed maniacally and slid under the water.
"Don't. you. DARE." You said, watching him as he swam towards your raft.
You held onto the green as he disappeared underneath the raft.
Nothing.
You waited, and began to get worried when a sudden force pushed against the bottom of your raft, flipping you and it.
"DamIe-" you were cut off as you splashed into the cold water.
You came up and took a breath, hearing nothing but laughter.
You turned around and splashed him again.
"Ew!" He exclaimed, putting on a silly voice, as he spat out the water you had splashed into his mouth.
"That's it, (y/n) you're gonna get it now" He said, trying his best to sound evil.
"Uh oh." You said flatly, and turned away, beginning to swim away from him.
You heard Damien go under the water and you swam quicker.
You felt a hand graze your foot, then leg.
"NO NO NO!" you yelled as it wrapped around your ankle and pulled you backwards.
You felt an arm wrap around your waist as Damien picked you up above the water.
"Damien--please." You squirmed, trying to wiggle out of his grasp. Your hands pressing against his arm that was around you, your back pressing into his chest.
"Any lasht wordsh?" He said, in another "voice".
"Yeah,please put me down gently." You whinned, softly, hoping to gain pity.
"Awh!" He said, then laughed.
"No." He grinned, and moved his other hand to your waist, then with both hands on oppiste sides he pushed outwards, successfully throwing you.
You let out a short scream, and then splashed down into the water.
You decided to get back at him, and by that, you meant sulk underneath the water until he felt bad.
You stayed under for only a short while until Damien came over to where you were and pulled you to the surface of the water where, as soon as he let go, you sank back down.
He grabbed onto your wrists and pulled you back up, you let him. You kept your wrists face level and as he pulled you back to the surface you pouted at him. Childish, but effective.
"Awh C'mon. Don't look at me like that." He bargained, shaking your wrists lightly. "Please." He begged.
"We were having fun." He said, looking at you sadly.
He then took one of his hands and put his fingers on your right cheek and his thumb on your left. Then he squeezed.
He began to squish your face.
You couldn't help but laugh "I know I know" you said muffled, "I was kidding around, it's the only way I can win!" You added.
He grinned "Knew it."
"You did not!" You said, tapping his shoulder lightly.
"Yes I did!" He argued, swimming backwards towards the raft.
"Oh no you don't, that is my raft, Damien Haas!" You said, kicking off of the pool ground and towards the raft.
He giggled, and you quickly caught up with him. He began to swim faster, and you did too. You both reached the raft around the same time and you quickly began to try and get on, except... he did too.
"Damien!" You yelled, laughing.
"Huh?" He said, pulling his torso onto the raft.
You quickly got you leg and upper body onto the raft and you both managed to pull yourselves onto it at the same time without it tipping over.
The water seeped onto the raft, which was partially submerged under the weight of two people, and lapped gently at your legs.
You sighed out of breath, closed your eyes, and laid back on the raft. You soon felt wet hair on your shoulder that was not your own.
Lazily opening one eye you saw that Damien had one leg off of the raft and was laying diagonally on the raft, with his head resting on your shoulder.
"Uhm... Uhm.. UHM" Was all you could think as your brain and heart both went into overload.
"I think I like you, Damien Haas." You said quietly in your mind.
He hummed along quietly to the music, head moving ever so slightly.
You closed your eye, and enjoyed the moment.
You would not forget the feeling in your chest, that lingered even after you both had long exited the pool.
-
-
-
-
-
HI! I'm sorry I haven't been updating, I didn't realize that this many people liked my story!
Thank you all so much for being patient and I will definitely write and update more, this will not be a lost story!
As usual:
How was this chapter?

Was it too slow, or too fast?

How was the dialogue?

How was your day? Are you doing alright?

How can I improve?

And is there anything in future chapters you'd like to see?

That's all, thank you for reading!