:Chapter 2:

:Lore:

"Your options are Greenburg or Willows. Willows is a big city with high tech surgeons, Greenburg is a town off in New York with advanced techniques, the records say they rarely lose a patient." Dr. Hide said as I broke off my nail ignoring him.

My mother watched Dr. Hide. "And Greenburg is cheaper living." Dr. Hide added. "Greenburg, we'll have Lore transferred over there." My mother said touching my dyed brown hair and then the small section of a blonde. My life was something I didn't have control of since I was born.

And dying my hair was the one thing I did without my mother's permission. She was mad that I had 'ruined' my perfect blonde hair. But I didn't care. Her grounding me was worth knowing that I had controlled at least one part of my life. The rest my parents controlled.

Ever since I was born with a heart disease they had controlled my life. And now they were moving me to a new town. All I could do was nod as Dr. Hide faxed my records over to Greenburg before we were out of the clinic and in the car with my father driving.

I ignored their questions and rested my head against the window watching the scene fade to our rusty old house. Once more I ignored my parents as we did the last packings of the house before loading up the things into the U-Haul my father had rented.

My mom had this in plan with Dr. Hide for a bit, it was just where to send me. And now I was being sent to Greenburg to their doctor. The clinic here had lost the ability to help me and let me live my life a bit longer and that's all my parents cared about.

Making me live longer. No matter how much pain and suffer they put me through. Only one thing mattered to them and that was a longer life. And that just wasn't what I wanted. But it's what they wanted and that's all that mattered in their eyes.

I wanted a happy life, better living a short happy life than a miserable long life. Constantly being poked and prodded at. Never able to do anything a teenager could go out and do. My parents saw me as a fragile glass and wanted to 'preserve' me in anyone they could.

Even if it meant subjecting me to a miserable life for they could have their daughter with them a bit longer. Call me selfish, but I hated it. Spending seventeen nearly eighteen years with overbearing parents did that to you. Having to stay inside why all the other kids went out.

Played on the playground and did sports. Inside when they went to the movie theaters, inside when they got a crush and kissed them. Inside. I still hadn't had my first kiss much less even grazed by a male other than my male doctors. I hated the indoors at this point.

So many people loved it but I loathed being inside. The air that was so nasty. All I wanted was to take a nice breath of fresh air and to smell the trees around me. To touch the bark and the soft leaves. But my parents refused to let me outside.

In fear that I could collapse and die with all my health problems. And I hated that. All I could do was wait for my birthday. Only a month away. Eighteen. Then I had the freedom that I had longed for years. At first I listened to my parents.

I let them baby me believing that their happiness was more important. But it wasn't. I deserved happiness just as much. And happiness didn't come in the form of needles and the promise of heart surgery one day. That was the promise of torture and agony with the happiness at extending my life for my parents.

At times I wished they had distanced themselves like some parents did with their sick and ill children. Afraid of the oncoming death. But they didn't. They were overbearing and desperate to cling onto the fragile thing called life. But the more tighter you held, the more it slipped.