Chapter Forty: Wars have casualties

Ivy: We poofed ourselves in Hyperion Heights' community garden, where the witches crafted a fiery storm and gave birth to creatures of the night, that would rip people's lives.

"Dark one, how nice of you to pay us a visit. Tell me, did you want to watch the spectacle of the end of the world, up close?"

"Gothel, I believe we can't let the world die, not without a round or two against you." Weaver said.

"Have it your way, dark one."

The crocodile looked at Emma and Regina, then he placed his eyes on me and Clara, as if he were telling us to prepare our magic.

I could already feel my power glittering inside of me, so without waiting anymore, I looked to Clara and the two of us formed a glowing light with the palm of our hands.

Regina and Emma did the same. Emma's light was pure white, Regina's was like mine, red! Our magic had the same signature! Clara's light was blueish and as for Weaver, he used his most talented attack spell, as he chocked Gothel with his telekinesis.

Clara and I threw our teamed-up powers against two of the coven witches.

Emma and Regina did the same to other two witches. The rest of them controlled the fiery storm and the birth of monsters.

Weaver fought against Gothel, chocking the life out of her.

"Die, witch!" Weaver screamed, while stripping Gothel out of her life.

The braided witch just kept laughing and laughing, as if not even the dark one could hurt her.

She lifted her hand and threw Weaver through the air.

His body collapsed on the floor and Gothel came close to him, throwing him her own magic.

The two of them were equally powerful.

As for me, I was getting the best of the cloaked witch I was fighting, who for my surprise, I discovered to be Esmeralda.

"Esmeralda? Is that you?" I asked.

"Drizella, who would have guessed that we'd meet ourselves again, under these circumstances."

"I don't understand...Last time you told me to follow my heart, now you're trying to kill me?"

"I'm sorry, I told you the curse was important for me. This land was my home and the only way for it to be again and magic to be accepted is if humans die!"

Esmeralda used all of her strength to put me down. My little body flew through the air, my limbs were stretched and numb, as I fell on the ground.

I gasped for air, not feeling the whole of my limbs, and as I stared to the clouds, I saw something behind me.

Two very expensive black Prada shoes, and two bronzed legs covered with a beautiful silver skirt.

"Mother?!" I asked. I was certain it was her! She escaped prison!

"Ivy!"

Mother pulled my body from the floor and stared at me with a dreadful look.

"You're here to kill me..." I whispered, as I watched her empower the magic wand.

"I could be...But I'm not."

"What?!" That was a shocking reveal. I was far from expecting that. "Why?!"

"This may sound...confuse...But, when I was locked up, I did some reflective thinking and realized how cruel I've been to you. I'm sorry it took me so much time to realize it, I guess that stubbornness runs in our family and it's only when the world is about to end that we really do realize things. I...love you, Ivy. You're my daughter, and I'm sorry for all the pain I caused you. I don't expect you to forgive me, but if this is my last day on earth and Gothel succeeds, I don't want to spend it fighting against you."