Chapter Twenty-Five: To Kill or be killed?

Henry: It was late, Rogers, me and Roni spent some quality hours amongst our drinks and promises of starting a revolution.

When I arrived at home, it was already 2pm.

I entered my apartment, Ivy was sitting on the couch, with a cup of hot cocoa in her hands.

"You're late..." she mumbled, in discontent.

"Ivy, you're awake..." I was surprised to see her, it was like she was expecting me.

"Yes." She confirmed, with a smirk.

"Nah, something's wrong. What happened?" I was so good at reading her, could immediately sense when something was wrong.

"I went to my mother's, to get my things...She didn't appreciate it..." Ivy was trembling, I could see it, her fingers stretched and burned like fire, her lips were shacking.

"I'm so sorry." I came closer to the inked haired girl, placed my hands on hers, as I tried to make her feel better.

The marble skinned girl left a spot on the couch, for me. I sat beside her and placed the oval head on my chest, as tears fell from those perfect pink cheeks.

"I knew she always hated me...But...Henry, the things she told me, today. She said she'd kill me to avenge my role on her defeat."

"What?" I was stunted. I knew what it felt like to have a mother who didn't like you, but that was too cruel, even for Belfrey.

"I don't know what to do...I'm scared." Ivy was shacking, but her fingers weren't hot with nervousness, anymore! They were ice cold, as if Death had touched them.

"Hey, I won't let her hurt you, I promise. You're safe with me." I started comforting the inked haired girl, kissing her forehead as I cherished her.

She placed her hands on my back, lips were almost crushing against mine. That was when our breaths warmed, hearts started beating at the speed of light. Fear turned into something else, something passionate and beautiful, a living breathing energy that craved for consummation.

We were desiring for solace, company and each other. I bit my lip and feeling the colossal attraction between us, couldn't deny the call of her lips to mine.

"I can't..." She stepped away from our kiss, the warm dissipated in the air, almost causing a volcanic eruption.

"Ivy..." I was breathless and speechless. Couldn't understand why she stepped away from that moment of consolation, for the carnival of explosive energy that would form in that very moment, when the warmth of our breaths jointed in one flame.

"It's not like that, Henry...I just...You've been too nice to me, and all I've been doing ever since I came here was bringing you the problems my mother makes. I care for you, that's why I won't let you become a collateral damage in my fight against Victoria." She was so afraid, her mother really took a hold of her heart, tainting it with fear, so badly, that a jewel as precious as love sipped away like dust falling through the fingers.

"I have to go. Until I find a way to fight against Victoria, we can't be together. What we have is too precious for me to put in jeopardize as I battle my mother." Ivy left my room, filled with tears. I tried to scream for her name, but she didn't back down.

The underdog turned gold cared for me, I could see that with my own eyes. She cared for me so deeply, that she didn't want me to suffer during the battle against Victoria.

I tried to talk Ivy out of that fear, tell her that it was okay, that I wanted to fight Victoria as much as her, that the two of us could fight together, but it was too late, she left the room in tears, never to return again.

My shattered heart sobbed in the tears of desolation, after Ivy's departure. I couldn't sleep at night, wondering where she'd go, trying to reach her phone but she never picked up.

I was worried, beyond worried! My head was covered in sweat, my hands were shaking so much. Glass pierced inside my veins as I walked from one wall to the other, my hands inside my pockets, thinking, over thinking. Where would she go? Was she okay?

I picked up my phone once more, tried to call her, she didn't pick up. I was out of options, it was 4 pm so I called detective Rogers to help me find Ivy.

"Henry, bloody hell, do you know what time it is?" he asked, his voice was rusty, probably because I woke him from his sleep.

"Rogers, hi...Look, I'm sorry to bother you, but...It's about Ivy, she disappeared, and I don't know where she'd go."

"Wait...Ivy Belfrey? She was with you?"

"Yes, she was. Look, I'm worried, she said she was going to fight her mother, and didn't want me to get hurt. Victoria threatened her. I'm worried about Ivy, she's in terrible danger! Can I meet you and then we can search for her?"

"Yeah, yeah! I'll call Weaver and the other cops."

"No, no, I don't think that's a good idea. Weaver is working with Belfrey. If he finds out Ivy is trying to fight Victoria, she will be the one to go to jail. We have to do this alone, Rogers."

"You're right, probably calling Weaver isn't a good plan, but, Henry, we have to be careful with Victoria, that woman is more dangerous than we thought. After I came back from Roni's, I did some digging on my missing girl case. I tried to connect it to this town's common foe, Victoria, and do you know what I found? I think she may be connected with Clara's disappearance. It seems that Victoria bought an abandoned house, outside Hyperion Heights, my guess is that she probably kept Clara there. I know this sounds weird, but my point is, this woman is capable of anything, including kidnaping a poor innocent girl, who knows what she'll do to Ivy."

My heart was bumping, I didn't have control over my breath, I needed to protect Ivy, but it was only me and Rogers against the most powerful woman in Seattle.

"Look, we can't waste any more time, Ivy is in terrible danger...My guess is that she went back to her mother's, probably doing something crazy to stop Victoria. We'll meet up there, I'll be on my way. Bring your gun, Rogers, I'm afraid we may need it."

                                                                                                    ***

HI guys, I'm so pleased for all your reads and messages that fill my inbox (chuckles). I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Tell me your thoughts! What do you think will happen? What do you want to happen? I hope to hear your ideas in the comments below :) have a nice day oncers :)