Chapter Twenty-Seven: Shotgun

Ivy: "You, stupid little girl, put that down before you regret it for the rest of your life."

"No!" I made my point, as the clouds in the sky turned blue with the lighting of storm. A storm whose thunders empowered my dramatic speech and made my blood boil even more. "I'm done being your puppet. I'm tired of watching you control this town. I defeated you in court, but that wasn't enough, because you still threatened me and still hurt everyone in Hyperion Heights! Those days will only be over after your demise!"

"You're out of your mind, Ivy. I'm calling the cops." Mother reached her pocket to grab the phone, but I didn't let her, that's when I pulled the trigger and pointed the gun, firmly.

"Put your hands down, mother! No one is coming in your rescue."

Victoria stared at me, with dread piercing her cold blue eyes.

"So, you really want to kill me?"

"Just as you wanted to kill me."

"And what do you think will happen after that? You'll go to jail, and none of this would be worth it."

"I don't care what happens to me, I'll be okay, if I know Hyperion Heights will be free of you. I don't care if I'm a villain or a hero, I just know I'm the one who is willing to do whatever it takes to stop you, once and for all. But before I pull the trigger, I demand a few answers. Let's start with why you never loved me, why it was always Anastasia that covered your heart with sweetness?"

"Isn't that obvious? Anastasia would never do what you're doing now! She was a girl with a pure heart, while you're only darkness, Ivy. She was the only daughter that cared for me, if only you knew the things she did to protect us, if only you remembered! When Ana was gone, all I was left with was you! The sad, pathetic girl earning for appreciation but never doing anything to deserve it. You never received my love because you never earned it! Even when you were a little girl, I tried to reach your heart, to warm you with my hugs, but you didn't seem to care. You never did!"

"But I am your daughter! Which means that you should love me equally, and if you think that I didn't love you, you're wrong. I did, that's why I tried so desperately to win your heart, but all you did was push me away and cling to the love of your ghost turned daughter! You love the memory of a child more than the one who is flesh and bone and has done nothing else but try to win your affection! But now, I'm done with it. You are a monster, mother, and that's why I have to stop you, before you hurt anyone else or end my life!"

I placed the gun in front of her head, as I stepped closer and closer, and the thunder storm yelled outside the window, almost shattering it into a million pieces of broken glass.

The wind howled, mother closed her icy blue eyes as tears fell from her cheeks. That woman never cried in her life, I guess...Yet she did, that night, when the metallic taste of death covered her lips, and the acidic touch of tears burned her bronzed like flesh.

"Goodbye, mother. I wished things were different for us, but because of you, they never did."

I closed my eyes, shaking, as darkness took the hold of me. The satisfaction of a killer's vendetta promised to be fulfilled.

"Ivy, STOP!" Henry and Rogers came rushing at the mansion, their eyes widened, astounded, as they witnessed my sociopathic behavior.

"Henry, what are you doing here?" I asked, not feeling the hold of myself. I felt like I was fifty shades of dark, and the sweet Ivy was just a glimpse of light that was now covered by a dark wrinkled sea. I didn't feel in control, as the chimeras of my wicked wishes took the hold of my numbed limbs, actions, clouded my thoughts, the mind was slipping away, as my soul was burning out.