Chapter Seven: Captive

A few hours before...

Henry: I wished my motorcycle was faster, I wished I could cut through the fog, the trees, the snow, the cold, to get to the Tremaine Manor as fast as possible.

I conjured the face of love, and now it wasn't Cinderella's, it wasn't the epic love story I yearned before meeting Drizella. Love was pure, genuine and above all, simple, it didn't care for riches or being turned into a legend. My feelings for Drizella were true. I realized I was in love with her, the minute she said she was just like me, living in the shadow of greatness, trying to be special, but never finding out how.

We didn't need to be special to be happy, I understood that now, I just needed my raven-haired girl in my arms, those pink thick petals she had as lips crushing into mines. I needed her embrace, as much as I needed air inside my lungs, to breathe. I didn't care if her mother was Lady Tremaine, I didn't care what evils I would face. I was ready for everything, in the name of love. And maybe the story of Henry Mills and Drizella will fade away in oblivion, and everyone will only remember the story of the prince and Cinderella. But that doesn't matter, only one thing does...My Drizella!

The morning was almost arriving, I was almost reaching the manor. I wanted to find Drizella, before Lady Tremaine woke up. It could be dangerous to meet the villainess, so I ran faster, and faster, and faster...

I finally arrived to the manor. The sun was already shiny, the morning had arrived. I wished I could get there earlier, but didn't mind, I could still find Drizella.

As I walked through the gardens of the manor, I tried to find a secret door to get inside, without being noticed.

Gosh, now that I was about to risk so much, I was afraid I might fall into a trap, and that Drizella would be on Lady Tremaine's side. Probably I was going to be food for cat. Literally.

I was almost finding a door, in the back, but two armed men came rushing at me, like lions.

I tried to escape, upon gazing those feisty eyes, but wasn't fast enough.

The men grabbed my arms and took me inside the manor, where a Lady with piercing cold blue eyes, grayish hair perfectly combed and a silver dress covered in jewelry, waited for me, with her thick lips jointed in a wicked smile, and her nose pointing towards the air, cutting it.

Lady Tremaine was sitting on her couch, obnoxiously annoyed and angry. She lifted her body from the red couch and came at me, as if her look could pierce dipper than a thousand of grandpa's daggers.

My eyes fell on the floor, with the awkwardness of Tremaine's look.

"Now everything is clear as the day. The only reason for a girl to act crazy is a boy...How cliché of my daughter to run away because of a nerdy rat like you...But at least, you are kind of handsome. Tell me, have you been filling up, lately?"

My face wrinkled in disgust, I couldn't believe Lady Tremaine was just checking up on me! Ugh.

"Here I was, waking up and thinking that today was going to be a normal day, and then I read this letter, from my daughter. Dear mother, I'm tired of living in the shadow of your fear, it's time for me to finally look for the things you always denied me, love and hope. I'm sorry it came to this. Drizella. I suppose you don't know about my daughter's little detour. If you did, you wouldn't come here. So, nothing can bring back my daughter, and my slave, the least I can have is revenge. I hate being betrayed. So, your death is going to be really slow..." Lady Tremaine picked a magic wand that glowed once it touched my neck.