"That's enough Haze" Anna hissed.

"Come on, we are just getting to the best part" hazel grinned "Even though my extended family is filled with wolves, vampires and humans, the last two people of my immediate family tree will have to be mentioned. They are the latest addition to our family since mom and Dan adopted them four months ago. Lily and Rose are my sisters. Yeah, I know right, finally women. That's why I didn't complain as much as Matt did when they brought them home out of nowhere one day. Those little witches are sleeping upstairs right now. They are almost one by the way and when I say witches, I mean witches, people who have magic in their blood"

"You don't know that" Anna sighed.

"Of course they do. Their birth mother was a witch" Hazel argued.

"But their birth father was a wolf, Haze" Anna said softly "We don't know which side they will lean towards or if they will have half of both"

Hazel immediately leaned into her mom, all her playfulness gone "I was just being silly mom, are you worried about them?"

Her mother nodded "They are so little and so beautiful like the flowers they are named after but I don't know what the future holds for them. I'm scared. I don't want anything bad to happen to them. They are mine now. It doesn't matter that I didn't give birth to them"

"Nothing bad will happen, mom. You and Dan are more than capable of taking care of them" Hazel assured

"I hope so. The council is being very supportive but they are also keeping a close eye on them"

"The council can go die somewhere" Hazel gritted out.

"Don't say that, your favourite Alpha Liam is also a part of the council"

"Well everyone except Alpha Liam can go die. They are old enough to be six feet under the ground anyways" Hazel loves alpha Liam. Although he could be overbearing with his affection sometimes but that was only because Hazel was the only girl child in the family until Rose and Lily came by.

"They were right though" Anna muttered quietly as she heard the front door open "Their mother didn't make it out of the labor room and her mate died from the loss. The council warned them against having children. I just hope that's where the misfortune ends. I don't want it to affect my daughters"

Two giant hands wrapped themselves around Anna and she leaned into the touch "Nothing will happen to our daughters" A deep voice whispered against her nape "I'll not let any harm come to them, love"

Anna smiled "You are early" It was only two in the afternoon and the Alpha usually worked till sunset.

He planted a kiss on the junction where her neck met her shoulder, the exact same spot he marked her this morning before letting her go "Yeah" he nodded and kissed Hazel on the top of her head who grinned back happily. He then moved to sit next to his mate pulling her against him "You'll see"

"What happened?" Anna laced her fingers with her mate's and started rubbing them soothingly.

"Matt ran away" he sighed.

"Again?" Hazel perked up at the news.

Dan simply nodded, too tired and too angry to respond verbally.

"You shouldn't stress over that. He's probably off to watching Kiara" Anna assured "I told you to hire a body guard who can keep an eye on him"

"I thought as long as I assured him that she was okay, he wouldn't feel the need to sneak out to spy on her" Dan sighed.

"He's your son Dan" Anna pointed out "You should know that when it comes to his mate he wouldn't listen to anyone"

"I was never this reckless" Dan defended himself.