The Meadow under the Stars ❁

Start from the beginning

When I looked at him, I saw how his eyes searched me from head to toe. That, instantly made me feel conscious but then I saw him taking off his denim jacket.

"That dress looks very pretty on you but it's not going to protect you from catching a cold." He said as he moved closer to drape his jacket around me.

I couldn't help but smile because of what he just did. I suddenly felt a little warm because of his jacket which I must note, smelled exactly just like him.

"Thanks," I muttered, smiling.

"Stop smiling like that." He said looking at me intently.

I did, I stopped smiling right at that instant.

"Or else I'm going to take you with me." He added, his tone surprisingly serious.

I blushed so I looked away fast enough not wanting him to see it. I was afraid that my blushing face might give him some crazy ideas again.

"I should go," I said in a small voice. "Goodnight Baekhyun." I did as I began to step away from him.

"Wait." He called from behind.

I immediately stopped walking.  I looked back at him and saw him walking towards me. I didn't even have enough time to breathe anymore when he suddenly grabbed me away from my bike, sending it crashing on the ground for the second time today. 

He pinned me next to his body, his arms tightly draped around me. My hands balled into fists and were folded in front of his chest, unable to move because of his jacket.

"You know you can't leave like that." I heard him say as I met his eyes, his right hand cupping my face.

I was taken aback so I blinked a few times as I looked back at him. I was supposed to reason out and remind him that we were outside when he suddenly tilted his head to the side before closing the distance between us, his lips claiming mine. 

Closing my eyes, I concentrated on how he kissed me gently and carefully this time. His lips tenderly brushed against mine. The softness wrecked my ability to think coherently again. I felt my hands slowly unclasped, my palms relaxing right on top of his chest.

"Goodnight baby." He said, his voice above a whisper with his thumb caressing my cheek before finally letting me go.

Gosh, the endearment. I bit my lips to stop myself from overreacting.  

"Text me when you get home." He said as he lifted my bike from the ground and handed it to me so I could hold it. "And don't get sick, okay?" He added, his beautiful signature smile accentuated his handsome face. 

I could only nod in response to everything he said because honestly, his voice, his words, his sweetness, and his presence all left me somewhat intoxicated.

***

The next few days went so abrupt and filled with Baekhyun reigning my thoughts most of the time. Everything still felt so unreal that I got to spend a few seconds spacing out after waking up in the morning and having to convince myself that Byun Baekhyun was indeed my boyfriend.

It had been eight days since we last saw each other in person. He tried to visit me four days ago but it got cancelled because his manager was not able to inform him about a certain schedule ahead of time.

He was busy but he always made sure to send me a text message just like a normal boyfriend would do.  He would also call me in the morning before his schedule started. Somehow, our relationship felt normal minus the fact that I sometimes see him on TV and hear a lot about him from Ji Hye.