Chapter Twenty-Two

We were walking through the forest in silence. It wasn’t an awkward silence though. Who would of thought I, Azia Hoffman, would be walking in the middle of the woods with her boyfriend Keegan Vasquez, who actually know her true identity and accepts it. All I can say is wow.

“It's not as creepy out here as I thought it would be.” He grasp my hand. “It's actually kind of nice.”

“Yeah it is.” My cabana pops in my head. I think he would like it. “I want to take you somewhere.” He nods and I continue. “I need you to close your eyes.”

Confusion was plastered all over his face. “Why?”

I didn’t want to tell him why because I wasn't sure if he would let me do it. Besides, I never had to actually carry a guy before though lifting Keegan would be like lifting a cotton ball. I kissed him softly on the lips before pulling away.

“Just trust me okay.”

He slowly close his eyes and without hesitation I scoop him over my shoulders and run. I ran as fast as I could but the curiosity got the best of Keegan and he opened his eyes.

“Oh shit we’re going too fast.” He clenched my shirt tighter and I just continued running.

After a few more minutes I was standing in my favorite place with my love by my side. This time was different.

He takes a step forward and walks onto the cabana. “How did you find this place?”

I walk in after him and take a seat on the bench. “I built it.” He looks at me in shock. “I needed a place for when I wanted to get away. My next project would be to build a cabin house.”

“I would love to see how that turns out.”

 He sits down next to me and I lay down placing my head on his lap. It was peaceful out here. There wasn’t any noise, well except the ones coming from the crickets and the sound of the lake currents. I close my eyes and inhale all the scents around me.

“I can’t believe my girlfriend is a vampire.” I smile, keeping my eyes close. I knew it was a statement made to himself.

 “What do you want to know? I promise to answer everything truthfully so ask away.” I open my eyes and look out towards the lake.

 “Tell me what happened to you and how did your parents really die?” He starts.

 I look at him to see him looking back at me. I could finally see the emotions in his eyes. He loved me. He really loved me. I just hope it stays that way. I don’t think I can make it through life without him. I sat up and he pulled me closer into his chest.

 “I was nineteen when I became a vampire. My life before it was better than I ever wanted. We weren’t rich but we were wealthy. My father was an architect and my mother was a nurse. My brother and I were best friends and would do anything for each other.”

 “What year were you born?” he asks hesitantly.

 I stare at him skeptically. “You want to know how old I am? Are you sure about that?” I asks raising a brow.

 He nods. “I told you I want to know everything.”

 I shake my head at his curiosity. “Aiden and I were born March 23, 1918. I am 93 years old but I will be forever frozen at the age of 19.”

 “93 years old? That's it. No wonder earlier you said decades ago and not centuries. You haven’t even been living that long yet. Usually on movies vampires been done lived for 200 and 300 years.”

 “Well excuse me for disappointing you.” I laugh at his ongoing blabbering.

 He settle down and kisses me on the forehead. “I’m sorry. Please continue.”