Chapter Nine

“Okay I got you some things that can spice up your model a little better." I lay the bags down on Caleb's bed. "Here are some synthetic grass, mini lawn chairs, plants, and a few other things. That’s only if you want to put it on their though.” Caleb's model was good but I can always help it look better. I  Hope he doesn’t think I’m trying to take over.

He looks up at me. “You’ve really put some thought into this huh?” He asked a little surprised.

“Well a little, I want to help. I’m not trying to take over though just so you know.” I said, palms up in the air.

He chuckled. “I know and thanks for helping me out. Let’s get to work shall we.”

I take a seat next to Caleb and start gluing the synthetic grass on the lawn while he worked on the concrete around the pool. It was a good thing I got a lot of extra stuff because every time I looked over Caleb was on his way to the bathroom for gluing his fingers together, I just laughed every time.

I was cleaning up the mess we created when I felt something soft brush against my skin really fast. I didn’t know what it was until I seen Caleb holding one of the paint brushes in his hand. He started grinning once he saw the shocked expression on my face.

“This is war.” I quickly picked up a brush with paint already on it and slapped it across his forehead. “How do you like that huh?” I grin.

“Okay let’s see how much you like this.” He picks up glue and I immediately dashed out of the way.

It ended up being a full blown arts and crafts fight. I launched at Caleb knocking him on the bed and begin squeezing the glue. I was aiming for his head but he kept squirming. Before I knew it he reversed us making us flip off the bed and now he was above me about to squeeze glue in my hair when the sound of a door closing caught our attention.

I looked to see Keegan looking at us with angry and hurt expression. Oh no, he was getting the wrong idea and the scenery wasn’t making it any better. Before anyone can speak, he turned on his heel and left the room slamming the door behind him.

“Keegan wait.” I yelled after him hoping he heard me. I ran out the room and followed his scent which leads me to an elevator which was closing. I caught a glimpse of him but it was already too late. I ran down the stairs and caught him in front of the dorm. “Wait let me explain. It’s not what you think.” I said grabbing his arm facing him towards me.

“Then what was it like? My roommate was on top of you.” He yelled making me jump a little.

“We were working on his project and we got into a play fight. It was nothing really I promise you that.” I reached out to touch him but he backed away quickly.

“You know the last person who told me that hurt me like no other. It starts off as having and then one thing lead to another right. I won’t let history repeat itself. I really liked you and now I’m not so sure.”He turned to walk away from me.

I reach for his arm again. “Please I would never hurt you. It was nothing I'm serious. I mean look at me.” I gesture towards the mess I call myself. “The proof is right here.”

“But you did hurt me Azia. The proof was my roommate on top of you." He shakes his head, confused. "I need some time.” With that said he walks away leaving me there. I walked back to the room and get my things.

“He’s really upset isn’t he?” Caleb was sitting on the bed looking like he just lost his best friend.

“Yeah he is. I’m going to leave. I just came to get my things. I’ll see you around.” I hug Caleb and left the room.