Chapter Twenty-Three

I went through the front door so I can get to the kitchen when a familiar scent hit my nose. A huge grin appeared on my face and I sprint human speed down the hall. I walk in the den and see Caleb sitting on the couch.

“Caleb.” I yell running over to him.

He chuckles as he embraces me. “Well hello Z! I’m certainly feeling the love today. By the way, your house is sick.” He looks around impressed.

“Thank you. We all---.” I'm cut off by Keegan.

“What’s up Caleb.” They do some cool guy handshake. “How was your day?”

“Oh it was okay. I just watched movies and slept until Penelope came telling me we're moving here. She said we need to be closer in case there’s an earthquake aftershock or something.”

The room became silent. I look around at everyone before my eyes land on Aiden. I send him a telepathic message.

“Does Caleb know we’re vampires?”

He shakes his head no and I drop my gaze to the floor. “We have to tell him.”

“I know.” He finally spoke aloud causing everyone to look at him. “That’s your job according to Jo.”

Understanding expressions crosses everyone’s face except Caleb who was looking completely lost. I was a little nervous to tell Caleb. Not as nervous as telling Keegan though. I just hope he don’t go all ballistic on us.

I turn to him and he looked at me with worried eyes. “Are you guys sending us somewhere else? I didn’t mean to intrude. I mean we can go back to the dorms.”

I shake my head and move a little closer. “You’re not intruding if we brought you here.”

“Then why are you guys looking at me like that?” The worried expression still there.

“Remember you said you’ll be here for me whenever I needed to talk.” He nods. “Well I’m ready to spill the beans.”

“Ooh are you going to tell me your from another planet and have super powers.” He said with a grin plastered on his face.

Okay that phrase got me to raise a brow. The true Caleb was coming out. “Uh no and I think you need to lay off the comic books for a while.”

His face drops and he stares at the floor. “Sorry it was nothing else to do in that room and I was--.”

“Caleb I'm a vampire.” I told him completely cutting him off. I just needed to get this over with.

He stared wide eyes with shock all over his face for a moment before blurting out. “Get the fuck out of here.”

Did he just curse? Since when did Caleb curse? I guess anything is possible when you’re in a state of shock.

“I’m serious.” This was the reaction I was expecting to get from Keegan. Sort of.

He straightens up and a grin. “Show me.”

“Excuse me?” Say what now.

“Show me your fangs?”

I drop my fangs and open my mouth a little so he can see them. “Holy shit you really are a vampire.” He say practically jumping out of his seat.

“Yeah I wanted to be honest with you. Unleash all the secrets so we can be open with one another.” I told him. Okay now here comes the running.

“Change me.” He said with complete seriousness.

I was taken back by his bluntness. Was the kid serious? “I’m not changing you Caleb is you nuts.”