Chapter Twenty-Seven

“Can I at least get some kind of clue?” I whine as Keegan leads me to god knows where. All I know is its somewhere in the house. Maybe I should just take a peak. My eyes don’t have to be open for me to see my surroundings.

He chuckles near my ear. “You sound so adorable but no, have some patience we’re almost there.” We came to a stop and I hear a door open. “Don’t use your gift to see thru my hands either.”

Dammit. Well I guess that idea is scratched off the list. He pulls me into a room and I automatically knew it was mine. The room had a strawberry vanilla scent and it smelled amazing.

We came to another stop and he removes his hands from in front of my eyes. What I was seeing in front of me was absolutely breath-taking. He pushed the furniture against the walls and in the middle of the floor was a nicely set table.

There was two candles lit on the table and rose peddles all over the floor. There was a champagne bottle sitting in an ice bucket and two plates on the table with coverings. The fire place was also lit. I was in awe.

“Do you like it?” He asks hesitantly.

 Did I like it? I absolutely love it. “It’s perfect Keegan.” I tried to say but it came out as a whisper.

 He wraps an arm around my waist and kissed me gently on the lips. “I’m glad you like it.” He pulls out a chair for me and I take a seat, he does the same. “I hope you like bourbon chicken.” He said uncovering both the plates.

Mmm this food smelt so damn good. I have never had Bourbon chicken before but it's a first time for everything. “I actually never ate this before but I'm willing to try it.”

“Good.” He smiles.

Tonight’s dinner is Bourbon chicken with snap peas, corn, carrots, and Chinese noodles. There was some soft buttery bread rolls on the table. The dish looks amazing. I'm ready to eat it.

“This wine taste amazing.” I take another sip.

“I'm glad you like it.” He pours more into my glass. “It's ALisaMalbecPatagonia.”

“Good choice.”

“A toast.” He raise his glass. “To a beautiful night.”

I raise mine. “And to an amazing first date with many more to come.”

“Yes.” He smiles. “Too many more.”

We clink glasses. I lean over and give him a kiss. I'm happy we're here right now. Being in a relationship with someone is something I never thought I would have. Keegan is everything to me and I will not let anyone take him away from me.

Our dinner was amazing. It definitely took my mind off the whole Garrick and Quade situation. For dessert, we had Quindim. It's some popular Brazilian dessert made with egg yolk and ground coconut. Another thing I tried for the first time tonight.

“I really appreciate everything you did tonight. It was my first official date ever and I absolutely loved it.”

Keegan clears the empty plates off the table. “I wanted tonight to be special.”

“And special it was.” I put the wine in the sitting area. “Go have a seat, I'll clean this up.”

“That's okay, I've got it.” He goes to flip the table over but I hold it. “What?”

“You've done all this so let me clean up. Besides, by the time you sit down I'll be joining you.” I tease.

“Funny.” He walks off into the sitting area. “Hell no. You did not put that back that fast.”