Chapter Forty-Five

I unwrap myself from around Keegan as Caleb approaches us. He picks me up and spins me around. I giggle as he places me back on the ground.

“Thank you.” He says. “I don't know how to thank you enough.”

“Once is enough.” I pat his shoulder.

Keegan and Caleb do there bro hug. “Everyone's in the back.”

We follow Caleb inside. My family was lounging around in the backyard enjoying each others company. I nod my head towards Aliena as I walk over to Aiden. I kiss him on the check before flopping down beside him.

“Hello.” I greet them. They all stare back and forth between Keegan and I. I couldn't help the smile that was growing bigger and bigger with every second that passed. “What?” I flushed.

“Did you guys enjoy your day yesterday?” Nolan asks.

I look up at Keegan who was already staring down at me. “I don't think any word can describe the feeling of yesterday. It just wouldn't be enough.”

“Awe.” Pen mushed with a hand over her heart.

Pen was crazy. But in a good way. She was the one out of all of us to believe that love conquers are. Also, that everyone woman has a knight and shining Armour out there waiting for her. Maybe that's so. But for me, I got Keegan and he's more than that.

I look around and notice Run is missing. “Where's Runako?”

“He's at the ranch with Uncle John.” Caleb answers.

“Yeah he told me their was an emergency.” Keegan says. “What happened?”

Caleb clears his throat. “Something happened with one of the horses there and they went down to check it out.”

“Which horse?” Keegan asks.

“He said he'll call and feel you in. As of right now he don't want to worry you and ruin your reuniting with Azia.”

“Which horse Caleb?” Keegan asks again, his voice dropping.

“Apollo.”

By the look on Keegan's face, I knew that horse meant something to him. It has to be his horse. Keegan turn on his heel and walks back inside. I hold a hand out to Caleb who was about to follow him. He nods and I leave.

I enter the kitchen where Keegan is sitting at the table with his head pressed against it. I pull out a chair and sit beside him. Running a soothing hand up and down his back, I wanted him to know that I was there for him.

“Keegan I know it's difficult to go back to the ranch.” His head lifts from the table. “Whatever you decide to do, I stand with your decision.”