Chapter Twenty-One

“I came.” I step further into the room. “You didn't run.”

“I told you to give me a chance.” He smiles. “I'm a rare breed remember.”

I scoff. “Right.”

He walks over and engulfs me in a tight hug. Oh it feels so good to be here. After all this and he's still here.

“Come.” He pulls me towards my sitting area.

We take a seat in front of the fireplace. There's a lot of things to be said between us but I don't even know where to begin. I was twirling my fingers when I hear his stomach growl.

I look at him and man he was breath taking. “Let’s go to the kitchen and see what’s in there to eat.”

He smirks at me and I just shake my head laughing because I knew what was coming next. “So you know every time I’m hungry huh?”

 “Only if you let yourself get that hungry.” I answer back standing up.

 He stands up as well. “Well that’s gone take some getting use too.”

 I open the room door and we head to the kitchen on the main floor. I walk in and there they were. My whole family sat their grinning from ear to ear. I ignore them and walk over to the fridge. I turn back around to ask Keegan what he want to eat but was greeted by a lot of eyes watching my every move.

 “What?” I ask innocently.

 “Well are you going to formally introduce him to the rest of the family?” Nolan asks with his hands placed on the table.

“The rest of the family? The only one left is Runako.”

“That's who I was referring too.” He pops a grape into his mouth.

“Right.” I noticed Jo and his hands were slightly brushing against each other. “Are you going to tell me when you and Jo became exclusive?” I ask sitting on the counter and waving Keegan over. He leans against my legs and I began playing in his hair.

 Nolan looked back to me with wide eyes and Jo was blushing terribly and looked down at the table. I burst out laughing at their shocked faces joined by Aiden and Run. The look on their faces was priceless.

 “We’ve been talking for a while now, but we became exclusive a week ago.” Nolan said kissing Jo on the cheek making her blush even more.

 I was shocked, I didn’t know she blushed. “I can honestly say I’ve meet Jo decades ago and I’ve never seen her blush.”

 “Shut up.” She squealed, throwing a grape at my head.

 I laughed dodging the grape. “Anyways, Keegan this is Runako. The father of the family and most importantly, the one who saved my life.” Runako smiles one of his genuinely warmhearted smiles and I return it. “Runako this is Keegan, my life line.”

Keegan picks up my hand and kisses it.

“Awe.” Pen whispers. This girl is a sucker for romance. Though it's understandable since she's living a fairytale life.

 Run gets up and shakes Keegan hand. “Nice to finally meet you Keegan. Walk with me.”

They leave the room and I roam thru the fridge to find something for Keegan to eat.

“You're finally happy.” Aiden says as he reaches over me for something to drink.

“I've always been happy.” I say back as I take out some chicken.

Boneless chicken breast with pasta should do. “Not like this.” He murmurs.

“I remember when you were in denial.” Jo says. “Now look at you. You're glowing.” She smiles.