14 - 𝔅𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔨𝔢𝔯𝔰

Grimalkin attacked the creatures in a frenzy of grizzly gore and ran to lure them away from James.  Her quick actions had saved both their lives.  She dashed to a clearing bathed in moonlight.  They surrounded her as she wielded her knives in a nonstop attack.  Many had wounds oozing with sluggish blood but they nevertheless continued their attack with their sharp talons.  Her arms stung from the many deep scratches she received, her blood driving the slow-moving creatures into a crazed onslaught.  The dead ones fell at her feet creating a welcome barricade against the incoming throng.  Suddenly, she heard a loud howl and the creatures scattered away from her.  This new threat had aided her to escape from them but the dark shadow was moving quickly in her direction.  She stood at the ready but her strength was nearly spent.  Grimalkin hoped that James had gotten away.  

Suddenly he stood before her, the Kobalos prince had come to her aide.

"Are you alright?"  He searched her face with concern.

"They nearly had me! What are those creatures?"  Grimalkin said barely gaining her breath.

"They are the undead.  We call them berserkers.  They go wild at the sight of blood."

"How did you make them go away?"

"I told you I am very powerful.  Where is your friend?" He said looking at her injuries.  

"I don't know.  Were you following me?"

"Yes, and it's a good thing I was.  Why did you leave the safety of the carriage?"

Grimalkin just stared at him as she clutched her arms.  It was none of his business and she had no reason to tell him.

His intense eyes shown in the dark.  "I saw you with him.  You kissed.  Is he your lover?"

"Maybe.  Why do you ask?"

"He's just a boy.  How does someone like that interest a queen like you?"

"Maybe he can give me something others can't."  She said eyeing him, implying James has something more valuable than he does.

A smile came to his features as he grasped her arm.  Without warning, he brought her arm up to his lips and gently blew on her wounds as a mother might soothe her child.  Miraculously the wounds stopped hurting.  Grimalkin knew spells that could heal her.  She had used them many times in the past but she did not know of this technique. 

"How did you do that?" She asked amazed.

"Ahh, maybe I can give you something he can't,"  he said with a smirk on his attractive face.  "I did not want to say anything in front of your escort, Lukrasta, but you intrigue me." 

"Oh."

"I can sense your power and it attracts me.  I must have you," he said very seductively.

"Just because you want me doesn't mean you can have me.  You would not believe the power I possess."

Hoseok stared at her neck licking his lips. "Hmm, why don't you come back with me and tell me more."

"I can't. I must find him," she said turning away. 

"The boy is fine, for some reason the berserkers could not go near him.  Your doing I suppose."

Grimalkin smiled.  "Still, I have many enemies."

"Would they dare strike the one you love?"

"They might be fool enough to try," she spoke with a threatening glare.  "I have managed to hobble the fiend himself, the most powerful dark force."

"I am impressed.  Have you sent him back to Askana?"

"What?"

"The dark."

"No, but with the aide of my friends, we have stopped his reign on earth."

"Then you are not just powerful but also intelligent.  I admire that.  Won't you come back with me to my castle?  I would love to dine with you. What do you say?"