4 - 𝔅𝔢𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔇𝔞𝔴𝔫

We settled in the room to rest till it was time to embark

We settled in the room to rest till it was time to embark. With my stomach full and with the relative safety of the room, the bed felt like heaven to my weary body.  Grimalkin sat at the foot of the bed lost in thought.  With a shiver, I stared at the gruesome sack with the fiend's head adding to my already anxious mind.  How awful that she had to carry that thing around.  

I wondered about her and her life.  I had so many questions but I didn't want to impose.  Especially if she was plotting on how to free my brother.  I was of no help.  I didn't even have a clue as to who had captured him or why.    I knew my brother led a dangerous life and dealt with dangerous people, but it never hit so close to home as now that I was in the thick of it.

"Grimalkin," I said intruding on her thoughts. "Do you have a plan?"  

"Not yet.  What can you tell me?  Were you there?" she said turning to look back at me.

"I was traveling with Tom when he found the message pinned to a tree. All he told me was that Alice had been captured.  He refused to let me go with him and told me to wait for him until he returned.  That's when he gave me your amulet.  He told me to keep it safe.  He said you gave it to him and it would protect me."

"I waited and waited anxiously but he didn't come back.  It was a trap. I was waiting in the bushes when I spotted Alice.  I told her what happened, but somehow she already knew.  She told me where to find you and reminded me to show you the amulet or you might kill me.  She said you were dangerous, but only you could save him. Is that true?"

"I don't know the outcome but perhaps she has scried that I do.  I have a feeling Tom traded himself for Alice.  That is why she knew and she asked for my help.  She probably went to get Old Gregory to help in the fight.  It must be someone very powerful or she wouldn't need all three of us.  I'm afraid they may want to trade Tom for the Fiend's head."

"Do you think he is in grave danger?"  

"Yes, but don't worry.  They will not get either one.  I will fight till my last breath."

"I don't want you to die," I said a worried look on my face. "I will help you."

 "I won't," she said trying to reassure me.

"Why did he give it to me? Is it really powerful?" I asked.

"I made the amulet long ago to protect my baby that was so precious to me. Nevertheless, it was not powerful enough and the fiend cruelly and savagely killed him before my eyes. I was powerless against so much evil and I vowed that day to destroy the fiend for what he had done. Now, I kill every evil creature that crosses my path and use their magic to make me stronger and more powerful. I am a force to be reconned with.  My hate has made me so."

"Ahh, I'm so sorry. Losing a child must be unbearable."  I paused gazing at her face lost in grief.  How long ago?" I asked.

Grimalkin stayed quiet staring into the distance, her eyes narrowed and her gaze turned to the sack.  I would swear the sack moved and let out a muffled laugh.  My eyes widen in fear and I wondered what she would do.  My body shook with fear as I saw her move towards the sack.  As she kicked the sack she answered my question.

"It's never long enough. I want my revenge."

I stayed quiet studying her while she was lost in her own thoughts.  My heart went out to her for what she had suffered.  Would she have been an assassin if her life hadn't been so cruel?

"Would you really kill me?"  I said thinking out loud.

Grimalkin smirked. "What do you think?"

"I don't deserve your hate, so no I don't think you would."

Grimalkin smiled in a seductive way that caught my attention. "I wanted to pounce on you like a cat on a mouse... and devour your pretty lips," she said astounding me.

My eyes grew big mesmerized by her sultry looks.  "You are so beautiful especially when you smile," I couldn't help telling her.

Grimalkin just stared at me as I stared back.  

"Go to sleep James."

"I can't. I'm too nervous." I stared back at her fidgeting.

As she came closer, I could feel the warmth of her body in that small intimate room.  Her eyes never left mine enchanting me even more with her pretty parted lips.  She leaned in slowly and I could feel her breath on my skin.  She kissed my eager lips with a sensual hunger I was unprepared for as I felt the heat of arousal rising in my loins.  

"Take off your clothes.  I  will calm your thoughts," she purred in my ear.

"Don't put a spell on me!" I answered still warry of her powers of persuasion.

She started removing her clothes bit by bit.  Her shirt sliding off her shoulder at a maddeningly slow pace.  My eyes widen as I watched her pull her long hair back to reveal her breast.  I couldn't believe this beautiful woman wanted me.  She climbed on top of me completely naked straddling my legs.  As her cat eyes searched my face, she made purring noises relaxing me with her soft touch until she started lifting up the fabric of my thin tunic.  The soft fabric caressing my skin making me harder still.  I can't believe how such a small caress leaves me panting already.  I long for her to touch me more and kiss me to oblivion.  My eyes look down at her breast as my hands go up to feel her body. She lifts my chin forcing our eyes to meet.  

There is no place in my thoughts for worries about tomorrow.  There is only her and I want to know everything.

🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦

She had only loved once, her child, and she had never wanted anyone before only James. "You are so beautiful James. You are the one that has cast a spell on me."

He leans in hovering his lips along her neck.  His warm breath on her skin making her heart pound. 

"I need you,  I-I want you," she says.  

She offered herself to him without telling him that this meant the world to her.  She didn't want to die without loving someone first.  If this was to be the end of her story, she would at least know his sweet lips.