Chapter 19

Revised: August 24, 2022

Words: 3920

Chapter 19:

Harry's vibrant green eyes widened as he was met with blonde hair and a murderous expression.

    He laughed nervously.

    "Harry, how could you?" Luna shouted and Harry looked down, "You never even said hello to me since we've arrived at Hogwarts!"

    "I'm sorry, Luna," Harry sighed, rubbing the back of his neck, "There's been so much going on but that's not an excuse. I should have went looking for you the moment I arrived."

    "You've had time to talk to Neville. The Ravenclaw table is only steps away, Harry. I'm sure you have a very good reason for it, just... please... tell me the Dursley's haven't... you're alright, right...?"

    "Luna?" Harry asked, having a feeling he knew what was going on. Luna trailed off and Harry watched as a dreamy expression crossed her face but all of a sudden, she jolted and snapped her head to Harry again.

    "I'm sorry, I didn't know..." Luna cried, "The wrackspurts created a nest in your brain, Harry. I told you to stop thinking like that!"

    Harry look down sadly and back up at Luna again, "It was hard not to, Luna. I'm sorry that I let them come back..."

    "It's alright, Harry. The nargles were whispering about a certain someone in your life," Luna said with a smile.

    Harry smiled at her in return and nodded.

    "I'm sorry that I haven't spoken to you since arriving here," Harry told her, "Though, you could've approached me, you know... two can play that game!" Harry said to her cheekily.

    Luna giggled and nodded in agreement, "That's true... I was just afraid that you'd forgotten about me," she said sadly.

    "Luna, you know that would never happen," Harry said, enveloping her in a hug, "I love you, little moon."

    "I love you too," she said with a smile.

Harry felt a hand clamp down on his shoulder and Harry turned out of the hug to look at the menacing look of Neville.

    "Harry..." Neville said, his eyebrows rising, "Keep your affections for Luna to yourself."

    Harry laughed, "Sorry, Neville, I can't do that," he shook his head with sigh, "I just can't stay away from my moon, I love her."

    Neville dropped his menacing glare, knowing that it didn't affect Harry in the slightest but he crossed his arms.

    Harry watched the action with amusement, "Looks like someone is jealous," Harry sang, "Come on, dear Luna, we can sit together today."

    Neville growled half-heartedly, knowing that Harry's affections for Luna were brotherly, "Not without me, you aren't."

    Luna giggled at them, taking both Harry and Neville's hands as they made their way to the Gryffindor table and Harry couldn't help but smile at the tinkling sound, "It's alright, Neville, Harry won't steal me from you," she said breathlessly.

    "I wouldn't be able to anyway by the look on Tom's face," Harry commented, his gaze meeting the possessive ones of Tom, "That man looks like he's about to shoot an AK at Luna from here," Harry snorted.

    Luna squeaked as she met the Divination Professor's eyes and sat down next to Harry for protection, "You're going out with the Divination Professor?" Luna asked, but stopped abruptly, looking away in the distance. She then blinked and looked at Harry again, "Merlin, Harry! What did you get yourself into?"