Chapter 1

–EDITING IN PROGRESS–

Posted: December 28, 2017 | Revised: March 22, 2020

Words: 2676

Chapter 1

The darkness was surrounding him, enveloping him like never before in his life. He didn't know what was happening or where he was but what he did know was that he was dead.

Harry's eyes opened to the view of a dark sky, his eyes curiously taking in where he was. He turned his head, only realizing then that Cedric Diggory was looking down at him.

"Hey, Potter? Are you alright, mate?"

"Yeah," Harry managed to get out from his parched throat, "Yeah, of course." Harry had only a couple seconds to take in what was happening before Cedric was shouting out,

"What are we going to do?"

Harry looked around, taking in the maze with dark eyes... 'It looks like I came back in time...' Harry hadn't the slightest clue how he had accomplished something so profound but he wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. He would milk this chance for all it was worth. Harry's dark eyes turned to Cedric, "Let's go together..."

Cedric nodded, "Okay, at the count of three... one, two three!" They both touched the cup before disappearing into thin air.

Harry landed gracefully onto the grass of the graveyard, watching as Cedric landed on his arse next to him. Harry studied the statue of Tom Riddle. Sr. before his hungry gaze went to Wormtail. He couldn't wait to get his hands on that rat and tear him into pieces.

"You okay?" Harry asked absentmindedly. He knew what was coming and he wasn't going to stop it. Cedric had to die.

Cedric nodded and stood up, "Where are we?"

"Looks like some graveyard..." Harry trailed off, his eyes watching Wormtail as he approached.

"Kill the spare!" A voice whispered but it could be heard none the less. It was high and cold which made Harry shiver slightly.

Harry watched Cedric look around in confusion before the green light of the killing curse lit up the graveyard and hit the boy square in the chest. Cedric's body twisted around before dropping lifelessly to the ground.

Harry said a quiet, "Sorry," before watching as Wormtail paused on him. Harry felt a tingle in his forehead and a light smile lit up his face as he realized that the horcrux must be still with him. He wouldn't admit it to anyone but he had missed the small little piece.

He felt a tug on his arm and realized that the rat was trying to manhandle him to the statue. Harry ripped his arm from Wormtail quickly and the rat's eyes widened, "You must... you must help..."

"Why must I help? Will I get anything in return?" Harry asked lightly. He was planning on resurrecting the Dark Lord anyway but he wanted to rile the rat up a bit first. Harry knew that the rat would face death if the ritual was't carried out.

"You must..." The rat burst into tears, "My Lord will be very displeased..."

Harry shrugged his shoulders and place a hand out for Wormtail to take and before he knew it, he was trapped in between a statue.

"Do it now!" Voldemort demanded and Wormtail ran over, gripping the Dark Lord's temporary vessel before dropping it into the boiling cauldron.

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given..." Wormtail hovered a bone over the cauldron and dropped it in, "You will renew your son!" The rat took out a long sharp knife, slicing his right arm over the cauldron as it bubbled, "Flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed, you will revive your master!"