Chapter 14

Revised: November 1, 2021

Words: 4812

Chapter 14

 "Cornelius!" Dumbledore's usual jovial voice rung through the Ministry as he followed the Minister to his office.

Fudge stopped abruptly at the tone of voice, knowing immediately who it was and sighed, "Albus," Fudge inclined his head in greeting, "Shouldn't you be off shouting about the return of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?"

Dumbledore shook his head slowly, "Cornelius, I implore you to see reason..." Albus brought his hands up in a pleading gesture that he wouldn't be caught dead doing in any other situation, "He has returned and he is stronger than ever!"

"He has not returned! I've had it with your lies!" Cornelius turned his back on him and continued to his office, leaving Albus behind.

"Cornelius, that is not the reason for my presence..." Albus told him an Cornelius rolled his eyes, "I'm worried about Harry. If that's not enough, the Divination Professor has went missing."

Cornelius couldn't help but scoff in disgust that Dumbledore thought his presence was some great and noble honour bestowed upon him, 'And why, pray tell, would you come to me with your predicament?"

"Harry has somehow become emancipated," Albus said gravely.

Cornelius stopped and looked Dumbledore like he were a new species, "What about it?" Cornelius asked with a raised eyebrow. This was wasting his time. He just came to tell him about Potter being emancipated. Whoop-de-doo.

"You must remember that Harry has been in the Triwizard Tournament," Albus said, looking at Cornelius for anything that he could manipulate, "Cornelius, he has seen the boy die. Do you expect Harry to be alright after such an event?"

So, that's what the old goat wanted to say... Dumbledore didn't like the fact that Potter was emancipated. After all, he was the one that could change Potter's paperwork to unstable and Potter would need a guardian by law then, "Albus, you speak of this as if it's no big deal. An event? The poor boy was killed by something in the maze and you call it an event?"

"Cedric Diggory was killed by Lord Voldemort," Albus insisted.

"Out, Albus! I will hear no more lies from you!" Cornelius shouted at the man.

"Cornelius, please..." Albus said, walking closer to Cornelius, "Harry needs to have a guardian because he is unfit to be on his own. The Weasley's have stated that they would love to take him in, they are very excited."

"Out!" Cornelius snarled.

Albus nodded sadly but inwardly, he snarled with anger. How dare Cornelius Fudge. He was Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, he could have Fudge's position in a heartbeat! He stalked out of the Ministry, thinking about some other way he could fix this mess.

When he got his hands on Harry Potter, he was going to make sure he didn't do anything else out of line. Damn boy, making everything harder than it had to be. It was all for the Greater Good, after all.

-_-

Harry looked at the corpse on the floor. Seriously, could it have killed them to give something for Barty to lay on. Harry shook his head and looked at Barty sadly.

He wasn't that heartless. He knew it was his own fault that Barty was dead. If only he hadn't used Barty for his own gain.

There was no use crying over spilled milk as the saying goes. He just had to get over it.