Chapter 2

Posted: January 3, 2018 | Revised: March 31, 2020

Words: 2394

Chapter 2

Harry appeared in the arena with Cedric Diggory's body in tow. Everyone applauded and whistled in excitement, wondering who won but Harry tried to focus on his cries of Cedric's name, "Cedric, wake up! Please, wake up..."

Then, all of a sudden, there was a deafening silence before everyone in the arena screamed.

"My son!" Amos Diggory battled around all of the people to get to Cedric, his eyes watering with tears, "My beloved son, what has happened!"

Harry cried out, "Cedric, Cedric!"

"Tell me what happened!" Dumbledore screamed at Harry as he held him but Harry pushed him away.

Harry internally smirked, "I can't remember much of what happened but Cedric was killed..." He cried, grabbing on to the body.

Dumbledore narrowed his eyes as he looked at the mark on Harry's wrist. Harry had quickly changed the mark to a knife slash when he had landed in the arena. 'He is revived once again,' Dumbledore thought, 'I'll have to get Harry in shape faster than I'd anticipated.'

"Keep everyone in their seats, a boy has just been killed," Fudge looked at Dumbledore, "He must be moved, Albus... there are too many people."

Mad-Eye Moody began to approach then, "Come on, Potter!" He grabbed Harry on the sleeve and pulled him up, guiding him into the castle and into his office.

Harry entered the room, still sobbing pitifully but inwardly he was cackling when Barty in disguise sat down and stared at him, "You alright, Potter?" Moody asked and he nodded, "I am most curious... does it hurt?" Moody's tongue slipped out of his mouth to wet his lips and Harry could only shake his head in remembrance, "I better take a look at that..."

"Okay..." Harry said, "Go ahead."

Moody growled and Harry stopped crying, giving the man a grin before he was grabbed by the arm, "What was it like?" The man in disguise asked, "What was it like being in his presence?"

"Honestly? Not bad..." Harry smirked and the man looked at him as if he were mad.

Moody shifted in his position before he was gasping and struggling for air. He reached for the bottle he frequently drank throughout the day but it was empty. The man huffed and rushed to a small box in the corner of the room where Harry realized the other bottles were also empty.

Barty had ran out again. Harry wanted to laugh... and he did. The laugh was an outright cackle and he had to calm down before Dumbledore came to see what was happening. Harry sighed in bliss... he couldn't believe his luck!

The man turned around and gave Harry a confused look, "Were there others?" He asked gruffly, "Were there others in the graveyard...?"

Harry grinned, "I don't think I said anything about a graveyard," Harry pause for a second, "Barty." Barty approached him in a swift second, grabbing Harry by the neck.

"How do you know who I am?" He snarled.

"You see, Barty," Harry began, "I want the Ministry to believe that the Dark Lord isn't back yet. I want them to think Dumbledore is a loon for even thinking of the idea... he will be gone by the end of the year, I guarantee it."

Barty scrutinized him for a few seconds before saying, "How do I believe that you are telling the truth and not some fabricated lies?"

"I, Harry James Potter, swear on my magic that everything I previously said was the complete truth, so mote it be. That should tell you that I am speaking the truth," Harry took out his wand and lit up the tip with a lumos letting Barty know that he had kept his magic, "Also, it is time for you to leave... Dumbledore will be on his way to this room in a few minutes."