IX. i'm sorry, i don't know the answer

0009

0009. | I'M SORRY, I
DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER

          The whole ordeal regarding the Labyrinth was a rather peculiar one. It all seemed like it was a made up story to Vela - a myth. Which is what it should've been, and was to any other mortal in the world. Unfortunately for Vela and the other demigods at Camp Half-Blood, it was all too real.

          But the same could even be said for himself. His whole life was completely unreal. A two thousand year old star made from the tears of a goddess that fell from the sky and turned into a werewolf once a month. He wasn't exactly one to be pointing the finger at whom and what was considered mythical. And that scared him, it really, really scared him.

          He hated to hear about the threat to his camp so early on in the morning, or even any time of day, but still he sat at the table with Silena, Beckendorf, Travis and Connor, Lee, Grover, and Juniper. Even the infamous sons of Poseidon had joined their council to hear the threats to camp recited by Clarisse and Annabeth.

Vela was sat between Silena and Beckendorf and was hating every second of it as Silena kept staring at her boyfriend over Vela's head. Beckondorf would just wink at her and she would shake with giggles. Vela really wanted to sit somewhere else but the only free seat was next to Percy, and he had a feeling Percy wouldn't like that one bit.

Vela was looking around and noticed Argus was there too. Vela had never really gotten to know Argus. He was a one hundred eyed, surfer looking guy with huge muscles that Vela guessed would leave bruises that even his abilities couldn't heal. Thankfully though, he was the camp's head of security, and therefore didn't pose a threat to the inhabitants of said camp (fingers crossed).

Truly, Vela didn't understand why he was even there at the council. Apart from himself, everybody there were the usual suspects that were in the middle of every situation. Vela didn't understand why Chiron had requested his presence specifically. Vela had a nagging feeling for a while now, that maybe (just maybe), Chiron knew something about him that he didn't know himself.

But then again, that was a given, especially regarding his lack of knowledge about his own existence and his inability to tell the Jonas Brothers apart.

"Luke must have known about the Labyrinth entrance," Annabeth began. "He knew everything about camp."

Vela didn't know what to make of this Luke guy. By the sounds of it, Luke had been admired by many and it had been a dismal day when they learnt of his betrayal. But Vela couldn't help but think, that maybe, someone who was praised to be such a hero among demigods would have cracked under the pressure. Still, if he were to ever come to meeting this son of Hermes, Vela knew he wouldn't be able to forgive him. Nobody who hurt his Annabeth deserved forgiveness.