XI. a god and a titan take a vacation

0011

0011. | A GOD AND A
TITAN TAKE A VACATION

Vela's vision was blotching black with scattered gold. He couldn't tell how much time had passed, all he knew was that every second was complete agony. But slowly and surely, the golden streaks that cracked through his vision like lightning were sewn up, leaving him in eventual darkness.

He wasn't aware of what was happening around him. All he could hear was a ripple of water like an ocean, but he still saw complete darkness. He couldn't open his eyes because his eyes didn't feel like eyes. His body didn't feel whole and he ached as if he'd been struck by lightning. He couldn't feel his fingers or his toes, or anything really. His whole body felt invisible - disconnected like he wasn't all there.

He could've sworn days had passed. Maybe weeks. Maybe hours.

Time didn't feel real anymore. It was just darkness and incomplete thoughts. The only thing he could really process was names. Nico. Silena. Nico. Annabeth. Nico. Percy. Nico. Mum. Nico. Nico. Nico. His name came up a lot but Vela wasn't complaining. As his body ached with pains, his mind was eased with the sounds of the son of Hades's heavenly voice.

            Whispers of 'be safe' and 'you're a dork' that sounded just so perfect to his mind. So calming and soothing as if that was what was healing his ruptured soul. Either way, Vela wasn't complaining.

           Literally. He actually couldn't speak; nor open his eyes, or touch anything. His senses were masked by something, leaving him alone with his thoughts and the sound of lapping waves.

           Such a soothing sleep.

           "Rest, my hero."

That was the first time Vela had heard a voice different to the sound of Nico's in his mind. But this one was real, it wasn't stuck inside his head, it was heard in his ears.

It was a sweet and gentle voice that was soothing and mixed in with the ocean waves. He could feel a soft caress on his cheek but he couldn't open his eyes to see or move his mouth to talk. All he could do was listen to the kind words of an angel who repaired him.

"I'll keep you safe."

Vela's nose was filled with the scent of sea salt and cinnamon. The sound of the ocean was louder and clearer. It sounded close. A delicate hand brushed his hair from his closed eyes and he could feel the person's fingertips brush over his scarred cheek. It tickled a little.