It's okay, human {62}

Izeiah's Pov

I stood frozen as I watched two people lost in their own world.

It was supposed to be picnic day today. A beautiful, farewell picnic with him. Yet why am I watching him show his affection to another girl?

Merong masakit.

"Huh, that's interesting." I whispered as wind blew by and carried my words to the person I locked eyes with despite the distance.

Lumamig ang mga kamay ko sa hindi pamilyar niyang tingin saakin.

Bakit ganoon?

Gusto kong umiyak ng tipong malulunod ang lahat. Sumigaw na halos dumugo ang lalamunan. Pero ayaw kong malaman nila ang nararamdaman ko dahil nakakahiya baka magmukhang napaasa.

Ganito ba ang makaranas ng lungkot?

Buzz

Buzz

I looked down on my phone to see what was up and saw a video sent to me. It looked familiar, but when I played it, a completely different scene played.

It was the video they were supposed to send to Ivan to explain why I left, but they touched it.

It was the wrong one.

Quack

Quack

Message
Unknown

Don't blame me.
If I am to chase for revenge,
the end will justify the means.

End

Napahigpit ang hawak ko sa aking cellphone. Pero kung pagiisipan ko ng maiigi, baka nga tama lang na ganito magtatapos. Afterall, I no longer have the energy nor the patience to fight for a battle I know I will not win.

Maybe, simula nung nagkakilala kami, mali na. That's why it's better to lose this one and spend my energy on another battle.

Although it will be uncomfortable, but only for awhile. It will soon be better and I will be back before I know it. Everything will flow as I expected and wanted. No more unexpected.

Narrator's Pov

Night fell pretty quickly. Izeiah didn't leave the forest, but walked towards the part of the forest where the Kenshi's wolf, Choco, lives.

"Mean wolf." Izeiah scoffed as she reached the waterfall which separared Choco's habitat from the school.

Hindi naghintay ng matagal si Izeiah dahil narinig niya ang mabibigat na hakbang ng aso na tumatakbo sa direksyon niya. Pero napahinto ito ng tuluyan ng makalapit.

Nagsimula nanaman ang staring contest ng dalawa, niisa ayaw magpatalo. Hanggang nakarinig si Izeiah ng mga kahina- hinalang mga tunog ng natapos ang staring contest at lumapit si Izeiah kay Choco.

"Come, mean wolf. Let's sit by the pond." Choco reluctantly guided Izeiah to his favourite part which was near the pond.

'I'm a good host so I'll lend you the most comfortable spot temporarily, human'  it seemed to say.

"If you were a fluffy duck, I would be more happy." Izeiah uttered.

Unfortunately, neither spoke a common language thus none understood the other.

Silence fell upon them for a moment. Trees swayed slightly as wind passed by. The birds sang their last lullaby for the night and animals who slept during the day have come out of their homes to enjoy the beauty of the dark. Stars shone gorgeously, but the moon particularly glowed very brightly tonight.

It was too bad it's starting to rain.

Oh, wait.

"These are tears....not raindrops." She was hit with such a realization

"Is it because I feel sad?" It was a foreign feeling to cry for no reason.

But is there really no a reason?

She doesn't think so, but she wants to keep believing that nothing could make her shed her precious tears.

The wolf might have perceived her sadness as it quietly offered the top of his head to the human weeping sadly beside him.

"Natamaan ka ngayon ng kabutihan ah?" She laughed pitifully as she stroked his fluffy head.

'It's alright to feel sad, human. Cry as much as you want and don't apologize for it. It's part of life, afterall.' Although the wolf didn't know what the tears were for, he provided great comfort not everyone could give.

The girl hugged the wolf completely and buried her face on its pure and fluffy snow fur. She let out painful and sad cries.

Habang umiiyak si Izeiah, gumalaw ang buntot ng lobo at tinamaan ang isang camera na nagsisilbing bantay ng lobo. Choco knew that the rectangular thing hanging onto the post was something that other humans used to check if he was still alive or what.

"You're a big bad wolf. But you're better than us." She finally stood up the same time her phone quacked.

Quack

Quack

Message
Raven

There's a party tomorrow.
I'm going to pick you up tonight.

Alright.
What time?

That's strange.
Why did you agree so fast?
Did something happen?

End

Yes, something happened,

but it doesn't matter anymore.

Bumabalik lang ang lahat kung saan nararapat.