Empress of the Underground {19}

Part 5 "Cinco"

Izeiah's Pov

I've been keeping this secret for about a year now.

It's been months seen I've used this skill.
.
.
.
.
.

"God, I can be an electric engineer someday, I should try and convince the elder Hina to take a course related to computers and electrics instead" sabi ko.

Yes, I've studied electric engineering. But ate Hina never knew.

I pushed the bush out of the way when I confirmed that it's dead of electricity.

I was met by a wide almost empty field. Finally. For the first time ever, I've reached the heart of the maze.

I quickly ran to the place where there was some  sort of shed. I saw a digital sign. It has 1 on it, but it slowly switched to 2.

"The Empress has arrived at the heart of the maze." I heard someone announced.

Oh no.

"She's occupying the 2nd position" the person added. He sounds like the Emperor I met before I came to Izeiah High.

Oh nononono

I have to hide. I've got to hide. I've got to hide.

I'm not sure how, but my speed got even faster and soon enough, I reached the shed.

But hold on a second.

What do they bloody mean by occupying 2nd position?

They've got to be kidding me.

Pagkatapos ng lahat, nalaman kong ikalawa lang pala ako? Yung effort ko pa naman. Sinayang ko lang. Even karma isn't with me. Parang nagturn ang buhay ko ng upside down. How could I accept this ridiculous news? How could I live with this?

When I turned around, I saw, at the entrance where I came from, another drenched person. Upon seeing me, the person..... it's a girl... quickly ran towards me. I had no choice, but to ran away.

I don't know, but somehow, I think I got out of the maze. There were familiar buildings I once got lost to. So I came to the conclusion that I am officially out of that dangerous maze.

"Goodness." Is this going to be my life for the following days? Fearing someone would discover my identity?

This is almost as worse as eating vegetables. Ha!

Naramdaman kong merong naglalakad palapit saakin. Liningon ko ang taong ito just in case he's here for my identity. Pero kumulo lang ang dugo ko at mas lalong nagalit ko. This guy reminds me of the Emperor whom I don't remember.

"Ivan, you better not be the Emperor." I warned

He grinned then he smirked.

"Why? Are you the Empress?"

"At--and you got the balls to just smile and mock me?"

"Yes, I do, my dear Izeiah. Now, did you have fun?" Is he talking about the maze? Because I will choose to go against the elder Hina if I have to do it go in that maze again.

Bloody hell, I'll ever come back here.

I then remembered something

"Ivan..."

"Hmm?" He said with a smile as he pulled me to a bench under a shed so we could sit down. He then waited for what I wanted to say.

"Are you seeing someone?" His small smile dropped immediately and looked indifferent and cold. I blinked wondering if I said something wrong.