Sorry {50}

Izeiah's Pov

I squatted and drew circles on the ground infront of his house. It poured awhile ago and I had to walk all the way back so now, I was soaking wet.

Inside, I could hear crashing and breaking of things. I bet no vase survived Ivan's wrath at the moment. Poor vases

I looked at the door again as I couldn't believe there would be a day when Ivan wasn't calm and composed. Was I too harsh?

But I was definitely right.

He had no business whether I die or not. So, there was nothing wrong with hiding who shot me, right? Yet, he's mad?

*bang

I stood up and quickly ran inside, but found no one and so, I quickly climbed upstairs then, knocked on his door.

"Ivan?" I whispered as I knocked as weak as my voice.

"Get out." I heard his clear and cold response.

"I——i'm sorry." Despite not understanding, I thought I should apologize.

"I don't need your sorry."

I sighed and close the door.

Lalabas nalang ako dahil maingay din ang mga nababasag na mga vases at salamin, lalo na at pagod na pagod ako tapos meron pa ang dumudugo kong braso.

How to Life 101.

I don't have much time, seriously. The matter has to be solved now or I have to chase them in a much wider space compared to Izeiah High. There are just so many people that I'm losing count to who I've eradicated.

But then again, I heard that even if I kill one of the Untameds, someone would always be prepared to replace the position.

I also spared two... you can say three of them, just recently for ate Hina.

tap

tap

tap

It started raining again after it stopped for a good hour. And with the rain came with signs of getting sick as I tried to minimize the sound of my sneezing.

But I continued to sneeze for like 100 more times....I can't take this anymore. Yet, I needed to endure if I wanted to stay off the hospital bed. This life of mine is starting to get exhausting; it's not a joke anymore.

I felt heavy like something was pressing hard on my heart. It strangled the beating of my heart and its feelings that I started to worry if I was okay. I shook the thought aside and stood up.

Maybe it was tiredness, physically or emotionally, pero muntik na akong matumba.. buti nalang at meron akong nahawakan na parang railings.

Ohhh. Okay, I got this.

Breathe in and out

Breath in and out

Breath in and bloody out.

The coldness of the day drizzled down face, but I felt my body was a lot colder than what the sky poured because the rain became a source of heat for me who was drenched like a duckling in the rain.

Exhaustion got the best of me and decided to get inside despite Ivan's state. I held the handle and mustered all the remaining strength left in me to turn it, but before I could even start praying to all gods out there to give me the strength to open a damn door, it opened wide..

I blinked alarmingly when I saw Ivan stood like nothing happened behind the door.

"Ivan?" Nagtataka kong tanong at umatras ng kaunti... just in case.

"I'm... I'm sorry" he stuttered which sent me confused.

Why is he apologizing?

Why is the heir of the Shikaiken willing to put down his pride for me?

"Don't cry, anymore." He wiped the tears that I didn't know was falling.

I didn't have the energy to produce a sound so I mouthed three words that could explain what I was feeling.

"I am hurt."

Narrator's Pov

Ivan stood outside of the bathroom holding a basket that contained what seemed like clothes/ things for Izeiah.

There were towels, pajamas, blower.. etc.

Izeiah entered the bathroom not too long ago, but the silence inside made him think that she was still sad... until he heard the quiet splashing and little giggles.

"I love bubbles~~" rinig niyang sabi nito. Umiling na lang si Ivan at kinatok muli ang pintuan para dadagin ang pagligo ni Izeiah.

"Izeiah, you should come out now. Meron ka pang sugat na dapat magamot."

"I don't want to go to the hospital."

Izeiah came out wrapped in a fluffy white robe while wearing her pajamas. Ivan, seeing that her hair was dripping wet, took the towel in the basket and used it to dry off her wet hair.

They walked to the bed and sat down. It was quiet and peaceful, Ivan on his phone, texting his friends on how to deal with Izeiah's injury, and on the other hand, Izeiah...

"Ohhh. Fluffy bed." She rolled on his bed back and forth and almost attempted to jump on it, fortunately, Ivan managed to put a stop to it.

"Stop it. You're messing my bed up." After he was done taking out his anger on the house, naglinis siya bago bumaba para makipagbati kay Izeiah.

Tumigil naman si Izeiah sa pagtalon niya at humiga na baliktad. There was silence until her muffled sobs broke through. Ivan put down his phone and sat down next to her.

"Bakit ka umiiyak?" Tanong niya.

"I—i don't know- I just.. just need to cry." mahinang sagot niya at bumangon ng maayos tapos binigay ang braso niyang may sugat.

Ivan let out a helpless sigh and began attending her wound according to his friend's instructions.

"I'm tied." She whispered, but Ivan was too focused on carefully treating her wound. Big drops of tears flowed down her face as she silently buried the words she had to say in her heart.

———

A group of people stood in a circle, their eyes constantly going back on forth to each other and then to their mountains of luggages. Mabibigat pa ang mga ito.

"Oy, kalalake mo, ang dami mong naipon na damit.. kung kalat sana maiintindihan ko. Dugyot ka minsan eh." Sabi ng isang babae at sinimulang buksan ang bagahe niya para magtanggal.

"Hindi natin makakaya na buhatin ito sa paglabas natin ng eskwelahan. Not only will the school chase us, but she will also." One of them said in a tone that exuded indifference.

"So, kkl na ba tayo?"

"Ano nanamang kkl na iyan? Kagaguhan siguro."

"Kanya-kanyang labas, bobo."

"Individually or in a group, alam natin na merong magkakamusta kay Satanas." Napapailing na sabi ng isa sa mga apat na lalake.

"Unless..." napatayo si Lothi at nagkatinginan sila ni Gythe, na ngumiti nung narealize ang sasabihin niya.

"Unless ano? Ituloy mo-"

"Unless maglalaro siya."