The Break {53}

Izeiah's Pov

I kept shaking the memory card I got from James' place, in hopes of getting all the water that seeped through, out thus giving it a chance to function. The card was one of my best lead so far into what was happening with the Robinson Clan and the Untameds, but it got destroyed because I fell in the pool.

Napoison pa nga pala ako.

Kala ko na malapit ng mabuo ang mission... akala ko lang pala.

I was in the dorm assigned to me as I tried to save the memory card. The TV was playing and I was alone as me and Ivan were currently not in good terms with each other. As a result, it became very awkward for us to be in the same room.

I was left with no other choice, I had to call Green to save the memory card. He was the only other person I knew who basically have the solution to every problem.... I might have exaggerated it a bit much.

"It seems we have another marriage happening with one of the Tria Fyli! Our insiders have reported that engagement between the heir of the Shikaiken Clan, Ivan Shikaiken, and a close relative of the main family of the Kenshi Clan, Clarisse Kenshi, are currently in discussion. Follow up for more information. This is Paulina Berna—"

I heard the door open so I immediately looked up as I was desperate for Green to fix the memory card.

But it wasn't Green, but the male protagonist of the trending news today.

"Hello." I greeted and bowed my head to avoid his eyes and the awkwardness.

Pero wala akong narinig sakanya. Pumunta lang siya sa kama niya at umupo tapos naglaptop.

Not that I was observing.

I continued to fiddle with the memory card until I heard a knock on the door. That might be Green. I stood up from my seat and opened the door to atleast welcome him as it's part of human manners.

But dang what appeared wasn't human.!

"Oh... Zeah, hindi ka pa nakapagayos ng damit mo? We are switching dorms, you might not know. Sorry. I told them that I'm not comfortable to have my fiance sleep in the same room with another girl." Her fake smile shone so bright it blinded my eyes.

"I didn't know our clan's Izeiah is also getting bullied by a small fry from the Kenshi Clan." I looked behind her and saw Green with his eyebrows raised and he donned a smile like Lucifer the cat.

"Since you're moving in because of your fiance, I guess it's not too bad to request the same thing for Izeiah. Izeiah pack your bags and go to the office. You will move in with Qen."

"Kapatid ba ni Qim yung tukoy mo?"

"Qen Gryst was a member of the Robinson Clan before he got adopted by the Grysts. He's just like Izeiah."

Is it okay to be revealing all this information to Clarisse? I thought Qen's adoption was a secret?

I've kept it a secret for so many years!

Meron akong biglang naalala.

"Green, iyong memory card.. gusto kong maayos pero di ko alam kung paano. Patulong naman oh"

"Sakto, si Qen ang magaling diyan. Halika ka na." I hesitatingly agreed and went back to gather all my mess.

———

"You're saying it's dead?" I sadly looked up to Qen who sipped his apple juice in a wine glass. He nodded and went back to drinking.

"And that I'm sleeping here?" I pointed to the bed full of computers and wires. Sadly, he nodded again.