Thirty Seven- Picture Show

Zacznij od początku

Young Varian: (sing) There were no man alive to outlaw him

No bar room bully could stand a chance

He had the looks that everyone goes for, me too

Billy I want to be you

(He fire his gun again, and hit a chicken. He move out, still in his own world.)

Young Varian: (sing) Bang! Bang! You're dead!

Bang! Bang! You're dead!

Ain't nothing I can't do with a gun!

Maria: Varian Ruddiger!

(He mother came to him, holding a dead chicken which he have shot. He stare mad at him.)

Maria: Look what you did! I hope you know how to lay eggs!

Young Varian: I hope you know how to fry a chicken.

(Maria just stare at him in disbelief. She grab his gun away from him, very mad at him)

Maria: I can't believe you young man! You're just as reckless as your father! And speaking of him, go and help him load the wagons! Now!

Young Varian: Yes ma'am.

(He head to Quirin, who is loading packages and boxes to a 're moving to another place, and Varian doesn't like it.)

Young Varian: I don't want to leave dad. Why couldn't we stay?

Quirin: Because we don't own the land anymore son. And with the pay high, we don't have enough work to keep the family up. So West Dallas is our best place to live.

Young Varian: But West Dallas is nothing but a hot wasteland.

Quirin: True, but if you don't like it. Maybe when you grow up, you can live if you want to.

(Not far away, Judy and Scarlett walk through a neighbor with suitcases. After the funeral, they can't afford to stay at their home and Scarlett's mother offer them a stay at their home. She been pretty lonely since Scarlett's father dead. Judy look around.)

Young Judy: Do we have to stay in the Devil's back-porch?

Scarlett: You watch that mouth of yours young lady!

Young Judy: I didn't call it on my own. Everyone call it that.

Scarlett: (groan) I swear. But with your father gone, we can't afford to stay in Paris.

Young Judy: Why here?

Scarlett: Because mom have been nice enough to let us in. You love your grandma Dodd, right?

Young Judy: Yes.

Scarlett: That's my girl. (Kiss her forehead) This place is more of a shit hole than I remembered.

(They made it to Shannon's house, who welcome them with warm arms. They settle everything. Judy stay in Scarlett's old home, where it havesn't been moved and dust free. She look at her mother old vanity table and stare at the mirror, imagine herself as a actress she wish to be.)

Young Judy: (sing) I'll be ready, I'll be ready

When I switch to Clara

Riding horses, going steady

With a guy who own a jazz bar

( Meanwhile, Varian is held by a police officer as he drag him away, while holding a bicycle. His parents came in just in time and stop him.)