Lovesick

Just a warning, this is a poem. Also, I feel it's important to note that I pulled this out of thin air in like twenty minutes solely because I was bored. It turned out better than I expected and I really wanted to post it. It's short, but enjoy!

•~•

I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified.

I see you around the base and my heart skips a beat. Whenever you laugh, my breath catches in my throat. Whenever you spare a glance in my direction, I lose my mind.

You're a dangerous thing to love, Jesse McCree.

When you started talking to me, the symptoms got worse. My skin would flush red, and my voice would disappear. You would simply snicker and say smooth, sweet things to me. This only made my throat close up more. When my voice did return, it would be a mess of stutters and stammers. This only amused you further.

You're a deadly thing to be around, Jesse McCree.

Eventually, those symptoms subsided. New ones arose, though. The more time we spent together, the more I would crave your attention. You'd lightly brush hands with me, and I would crave your touch. I would giggle nonstop, for no reason at all. I had become a happier person since we started talking.

You're my ray of sunshine during cloudy days, Jesse McCree.

Eventually, you started showing similar symptoms. Your originally smooth, buttery voice would ocassionally stammer. Your face would flush red whenever that happened, and I would laugh quietly at your struggle. I soon realized this is what it was like to know someone liked you. And then it fully hit me: You liked me.

You're a flustered mess, Jesse McCree.

I don't know when or how it happened, but you brought me flowers. A beautiful bouquet wrapped in yellow ribbon. You were nervous as you gave them to me, clearing your throat and trying to get your message across. You didn't need to, though, because I already knew.

Your lips were chapped but sweet, Jesse McCree.

I'm not sure what happened next. Did the disease spread? Or did it stay contained? I'm not sure, but I am sure of one thing.

You're extremely contagious, Jesse McCree.

Lovesickness is a dangerous, deadly disease. It feels like a ray of sunshine and it leaves you a flustered mess. It makes your lips chapped, with a sweet taste lingering on your tongue. And, worst of all, it's extremely contagious.

And I just had to catch it from you, Jesse McCree. And I'm so glad I did.