Blackout

It was a Saturday afternoon during mid-July when the power started to flicker. Less than half an hour later, the electricity in the apartment complex went out.

Of course, Jesse and Hanzo had to be in theirs when it went out. The lights had blinked a couple of times, but now that it was completely out they had a problem. Hanzo was in the middle of typing an email, and Jesse was on his phone. They both groaned when the room went dark.

"God dammit, that was important," the Shimada said in an annoyed tone. He heard the sound of footsteps and glanced up, seeing his boyfriend looking utterly confused as he stood in the doorway. "The hell happened?"

"The electricity went out," the other answered, getting up from his seat. He immediately went over to open a window and peer out. "Looks like the rest of the block's out, too."

"Well ain't that lovely," McCree said sarcastically. He crossed his arms and leaned against the doorframe. "Consider us lucky. Out in the country, it could take weeks to fix somethin' like this."

The ravenet hummed in agreement as he continued to open the windows. "Hopefully it'll be fixed in a few hours. I can't imagine how hot it'd be tonight if the power was still out..."

Needless to say, he jinxed them.

They had to eat cereal for dinner since they couldn't use the stove or microwave. They constantly kept bumping into each other and searching for flashlights. About an hour after it got dark, they decided to call it a night and headed to bed.

"God, this is frustratin'," the cowboy sighed, flopping down on the bed. His lover rolled his eyes and started getting under the covers. "Calm down, it'll be fixed in the morning..."

Jesse watched him slip under the covers in horror. "Please tell me yer not plannin' to sleep like that."

"Like what?" Hanzo asked, looking down. He then realized what he meant and sighed. "Oh please, it's not that hot in here."

"Yet," the brunet argued. "I'm gettin' sweaty just lookin' at ya."

"Then look somewhere else," the Asian grumbled as he rolled over. They grew quiet for a while, trying to sleep.

Half an hour later, the covers were kicked off. The temperature seemed to keep rising by the minute, making it impossible to sleep.

After a few hours of insufferable heat, McCree grumbled, "That's it, I'm sleepin' in the nude."

Still half asleep, the ravenet rolled over to look at him. "You will not."

"C'mon Hanzo, it's hot as hell in here," the southerner whined. "Plus, you've seen me naked before. It's nothin' new."

His face flushed slightly. "That's not the point," he grumbled, putting a pillow over his head.

"Then what is the point?"

"Common decency."

"You know I have none of that, anyway."

Hanzo threw the pillow at him.

As Jesse was trying to strip, the power came back on. With sighs of relief, they quickly shut the windows and blasted the AC. A few minutes later, they were shivering and cuddling under the covers together.

"I would've done it, y'know," the cowboy said quietly.

Chuckling to himself, the Shimada pulled him closer. "I didn't doubt you one bit. I did doubt that you would've enjoyed sleeping on the couch afterwards."

"Hanzo!"

He laughed and pressed a kiss to the brunet's chin. "Kidding, kidding... Well, sort of..."