Snapshots

I got off schedule with these updates, sorry about that! After this oneshot, it should be back on track. Anyway, enjoy!
~FB667

•~•

Photography wasn't originally what Jesse planned to go to college for. It was a side hobby of his, and he had only taken one "real" class for it in high school, and that was Journalism. But apparently Overton University thought his quote-unquote "portfolio" (also known as the yearbook) was fantastic and offered him a scholarship. He had accepted the offer, and now he was a freshman in college.

His first few months had went well, mainly because the assignments were easy. But when he got an assignment dealing with lighting and shadows, he started to panic.

Lighting was never McCree's strong suit. You either have professional, oversaturated lighting or just shitty lighting. He could never find a happy medium, and he hated it. He ended up confiding in one of his friends, a freshman named Genji.

"You should ask my brother for help," he suggested. "He's an artist. He'll know how lights and shadows work."

"Is he on campus?" The southerner asked, already grabbing one of his lightweight cameras.

His friend nodded. "He shouldn't have a class now. Last time I saw him he was in the courtyard, sketching the fountain."

Without giving it a second thought, the photographer went off looking for him. It only occurred to him that he had no clue what the guy looked like when he made it to the courtyard.

He looked around, spotting two artists - a women, and someone who could pass as a male or female. The latter was bent over a sketchbook, with loose strands of black hair falling into his eyes. Jesse couldn't help but notice he had blue framed glasses on as well. Nervously, he walked towards him. "Mr. Shimada?"

The man looked up, seeming confused by the title. He squinted through the glasses before taking them off. "Oh. Hello there. Do I... Know you?"

McCree scuffed his feet, nervous. "No... But I know her brother. He-"

Before he could finish, the artist sighed, rolled his eyes, and facepalmed. "I told Genii to stop trying to hook me up!"

His face flushed red. "Oh, th-that's not what I'm here for! Y'got the wrong idea! I mean, I appreciate it, but I jus' need yer help with an assignment."

The ravenet blinked seeming both surprised and embarrassed. "Right. Sorry for assuming. What do you need?"

Jesse cautiously took out his camera. "I'm goin' for photography. We're doin' an assignment with light and shadows, and I'm kinda shit at it. Genji said you knew enough t' help me."

The Shimada closed his sketchbook, using his pencil to save his page. "You're lucky I do. But first, I'm gonna need your name."

"Jesse," the cowboy answered. "Jesse McCree. Pleasure workin' with you, Mr. Shimada."

"Please, just call me Hanzo," he said with a faint smile. He slipped his glasses back on and motioned at the camera. "What's your current settings?"

"ISO's at a hundred, shutter speed one. Flash is off."

"Alright, let's start with low light..."

Hanzo then showed him the best spots for certain lighting and helped him change the settings a bit. After an hour or so, he has at least ten photos, all with different lighting and angles.

"Well, thank ya darlin', you're a lifesaver!" The brunet chirped, flashing the other a smile.

The Asian looked away, trying to hide his blush. "Of course. Anything for a determined student."

They were about to part ways when McCree got an idea. "Hey Han, mind helpin' me with one more photo?"

"Sure," he answered, turning around. "Wh-"

Click.

It took the artist a moment to realize Jesse had taken a photo of him. He started to blush. "What was that for?"

He shrugged, putting the camera away. "Gotta remember the cute art student that helped me one way or another."

His face kept burning hotter. "You - Just - I -" He stumbled over his words, trying to think of something to say. The cowboy laughed at this.

"Aw, it's nothin' to worry about. 'Sides, you look good in it."

"I can only take so many compliments," Hanzo grumbled. "Just - send me the photos when you're done, alright? I want to recreate them in watercolor."

"Sure thing," McCree purred starting to walk away. He glanced back over his shoulder as he did so. "We should do this again sometime."

He rolled his eyes playfully. "Whatever you say, cowboy..."