Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

"Oh God, and I remember that kid Jimmy you dated. God, I hated him so much." Austin groans. 

"Who's that?" I ask. He looks at me puzzled.

"You caught him making out with your 'best friend' at your birthday bash." He sighs, "And that's basically when everything went to shit." He says.

"Was it something I did?" I ask. He nods sadly. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him close.

"I'm so sorry I did those messed up things to you. I hope you could find it in your heart to forgive me." I apologize. He pulls his head up from my embrace.

"I forgave you the second it happened. I could never do anything but love you Becky." He says, his words warms my heart as I feel tears prick my eyes.

"I don't deserve you, Austin." I whisper as I look down at my feet.

“You don't deserve me? I'm afraid it's the other way around, sweetheart. I shouldn't even be speaking to you. You give so much more than you receive and you always put peoples needs before your own. I swear your not human. Are you sure you're not an angel?" He teases.

"Stop." I blush.

"I'm serious, B. You saved me. You must be an angel." He says. I look at him and he's not wearing the cocky smirk I'm used to. Instead he holds a sort of pleading look in his eyes that say 'Please believe me.'

Austin's phone goes off. I remember he had to take the things out from his pockets before we had a water balloon fight.

"Could you answer that for me?" He ask since I'm a few feet away from it. I nod at him.

(A/N: you know a boy’s committed when he lets you answer his phone for him. Idk I felt like that’s a big step for them tbfh.)

When I click the unlock button on his phone I see a girl taking a picture of a hundreds of stars and then realization hits me like a bus.

That’s me.

That girl as his lock screen is me.

I look alarmed at Austin, his eyes widen in worry.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

Don’t panic. Don’t panic.

"I just remembered that my clothes are in the washer." I lie, "I gotta go Austin. It was nice hanging out with you." I say.

"Wait, Becky. What-"

I don't hear the rest of what he has to say as I run beck to my dorm.

Holy shit.

What the fuck is going on?

As I run up to my room I feel the tears stream down my face. My hands are shaking and my lip quivers. I sit on my bed with my knees to my chin.

"Becky?" Ari asks, "Are you okay, sweetie?" I shake my head. 

"No. I'm just-I don't know. I'm shaking and I feel scared." I tell her honestly.

"The trick is to keep breathing." She cooed. 

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exhale.

I repeat this process until my heart rate beats normally.

Ari joins me on my bed and pulls me close.

"Spill." She demands. I take a exhale deeply before I tell her everything.

._._._._._._._.

Austin’s POV

What did I do?

Why is she upset with me?

Niall walks in and completely ignores me as usual.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey." He replies blankly.

"Are you okay?" I ask. He clenches his jaw and calmly exhales.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He asks. I shrug.

"I dunno. It seems like we don't talk as much anymore." I confess.

"Get used to it." Is what I think he says under his breath.

Why the fuck is he mad at me?

I have Becky fair and square. Why doesn’t he take his loss like a man.

Becky and I are inevitable. Nothing in this whole universe can come between her and I.

Nothing.

._._._._._._._.

Becky's POV

"So what do you think you're really afraid of?" Ari asks me.

"I don't know. I think I'm afraid of being hurt, since I've been thrown into this kind of suddenly, you know? I get that he loves me, but how would I know that anything he says is actually true? How do I know he's not lying to me?" I ask her. She sighs.

"Sometimes you just have to take a chance even at the risk of being hurt. I mean where would you be in life if you never took chances? You have to learn to trust people, Becky." She explains.

"So, you're telling me I have trust issues." I conclude. She nods.

"Maybe in the past, someone fucked you up really bad. And it's an instinct for to pull back from people who love you, because you never learned to trust anyone. You don't think they're being honest with you so you push them away. You push them away, because the best way to keep your heart safe is to not let it feel at all." She says.

"But what if-"

"No what ifs from now on. Okay?" She asks, I sigh deeply and nod.

Trust. Trust. Is what I chant to myself before I decide to go to sleep.

._._._._._._._.

(A/N: Comment a cheesy pick up line. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Example: I’d offer you a cigarette, but you’re already smoking hot. 

Or Like:

Are you from China? Because I’m China get your number. Okay go!

I love you. K. Bye.

~Luz)