5 | 22

Theme: Killing Spree
Song: Syncopation - Tidewarp

I paced back and forth, trying to think of something. Our adventure couldn't end here. We'd come way too far for it to end now. "Cade, I wouldn't fuck with that," Sam mumbled, and I turned to see Cade climbing up one of the dormant Cybertronian Knights. It looked like it was dead, but there was no way to be sure. Even if it was slumped against the wall, looking like a frat member that passed out during their party.

"Are you asking for death?" I snapped as Cade knocked his fist against the head of the dormant knight. Cade, ever the inventor, was examining the knights exterior armour. "No I'm not asking- I'm just looking." Sam began to pace too, which made me even more panicky. "So what the fuck do we do?" Well, these two are certainly a great help today. "I don't know, okay? Just give me a minute."

I walked away from the two, hoping it would help to clear my head. As much as I loved them, they could get real annoying, real quick. Soon I was a good fifty metres away from them, able to remove the knife from my hoodie pocket. I examined it again, taking note of the shaped handle. It looked just like the handles on the knight's swords.

A thumping pain began in my fingertips, where I was holding the handle of the knife. It grew worse, and I accidentally dropped the knife, hissing as the pain seemed to travel up my arm. As it spread throughout my limbs, I weakened, falling to my hands and knees. The ghostly caress on my shoulder causing goosebumps to prickle my skin, and I heard her voice again.

The gentle hiss, the edge of anger. She was back for more, and this time, she wouldn't be pushed aside. Hello, Rose... I tried my best to stay calm and keep her from taking control, but it wasn't easy. What do you want from me?! The pain was travelling up my neck now, closer and closer to my head. The amused titter wasn't lost on me. She was amused by my suffering.

Isn't it obvious? I want you dead. The searing pain crept closer to my head, and I felt it first at the base of my neck, licking upwards like flames engulfing a branch. Why?? Why me?! I wailed through the connection, my fists clenching, nails digging into my palms. Quintessa acted smugly, a cold hand skimming my clenched jaw.

You're the one that's going to stop me. So, I'm going to break you before you can. The burning pain suddenly engulfed my head too, and my eyes watered at the aching, pulsing pain. I could hear Bee trying to get through to me, but Quintessa was too strong. The bond was waning again. Please, do whatever you want to me, but don't hurt them-

The pain worsened, a strangled cry escaping me as I sagged closer to the ground, my limbs barely able to support my weight anymore. Oh, I won't hurt them. She murmured in a sickly sweet voice. I'm going to kill them. I'm going to make them SUFFER. She hissed right beside my ear, and I felt the hot tears rolling down my cheeks. I wouldn't be able to handle this for much longer.

Screwing my eyes shut, I tried my best to push her away, to get rid of her for good. But along with my weakened body, my mind was in a similar state. How precious... You want to protect them. Her hand curled around my wrist, drawing out the warmth from my skin and replacing it with a cold rush. "Please, don't do this," I forced the plea out, but it was no use. She kept sapping my warmth.

I can't wait to watch you murder those, those parasites... I can't wait to see you rip them apart like the animal you are! Every emphasis on my current state only made me want to give up even more, but the thought of Bee kept me going. They needed me. If I could control the staff, then maybe I could stop this. Maybe I could stop Quintessa. "PLEASE!" My spine convulsed as I screamed, and I could feel the last of my warmth being sapped from my skin.