4 | 20

^^^ Blaze it bro

"Alright, we're getting out up here. Stick together, Cade and I will give you guys a little cover fire if prototypes find us," Sam instructed, pointing to the start of a closed in street. Going through the city was going to be dangerous, and god knows what was going to happen in the narrow streets and tightly knitted neighbourhoods. There was going to be significant damage to the poor city, just as there was in any Transformer battle. Megatron's new legion of warriors wasn't going to let us leave with the Seed, so we were going to have to fight like hell to get out of here.

"Go!" Bee stopped at the beginning of the street, letting us out. Joyce wasn't far behind with the Seed, jumping out of Hound's altmode. "Can someone help me with this stupid thing??" While Bee went ahead to scout for prototypes, Shane hung back to help Joyce carry the seed. If they could work together, we would be moving a lot faster. "What a place to have a battle. So much room," I muttered to myself, dodging a woman as she rode past on a bike, then having to quicken my pace to get out of a man's path. "At least we aren't still in Chicago." Yeah. I don't think I'd be able to handle seeing the city in ruins for the second time.

A sudden flurry of screams up ahead distracted me from my negative thoughts. Civilians had started to panic and flee from something. Something that was probably a prototype under Megatron's control. "Run!" Joyce and Shane hurried with the Seed as we sprinted towards the first building we saw. It was a small, enclosed seating area with giant glass windows all around. Not the best hiding place. "Cade, cover the left side!" In between the decorative artworks on either side of the building, my brother and Cade both used their alien guns to cover us.

Bee and Hound were also defending us, the rest of the Autobots having been separated from us when the prototypes attacked. My thigh was burning from the short sprint, and I struggled to get my breath back with the aching in my chest. "Rose! Hey, just breathe-" Tessa attempted to help me regulate my breathing, but the loud gunfire was turned onto our hiding place, the glass windows shattering. The shards of glass rained down on us, and Hound was the one to fend off the prototype who'd come after us rather than him or Bee.

"Gah-!" A horrible pain started in my abdomen, growing worse with every second. It was as if I was being stabbed with a knife, over and over. "Rose!" Tessa tried to help, but she had no idea what was going on, or what I was enduring. All she knew was that I was in serious pain. "Come on, only a few more to go!" Sam somewhat encouraged me, continuing to shoot at the prototypes swarming around our hiding spot. I could hear the bullets making an impact, and it sounded like drums inside my ears, ringing inside my head. "Rose, can you hear me?!" My vision was blurring due to the intense pain in my chest. I could barely make out the shape of Tessa.

"Y-Yes," I stammered out, wheezing from the sharp pain in my chest. The sound of gunfire was increasing, making it harder for me to focus on Tessa's panicked voice. "Breathe- Just try to breathe, okay Rose??" Tessa's voice sounded like a scream to my ears, even though it was merely high pitched and panicked. A sudden clarity came to my mind as a familiar voice spoke to me. Come on Princess, you can do this. For me. Even though my insides felt as though they were on fire, I was encouraged by Bee. A decent amount of my pain had also become a more numb feeling, and I struggled to sit up. I poked my head over the rows of seating, seeing the yellow Autobot fighting prototypes.

He looked like he was struggling, and I could see that his shoulders were curving inwards, showing that he was hounded by the newfound pain in his torso. But he continued to fight, taking out prototypes left and right in order to protect us. Thank you, Bee. I let the bond ebb away, focusing on keeping myself calm. An elevated heart rate was the last thing I needed to make my situation worse. Despite my own detrimental situation, Joyce was freaking out on the other side of the small building, throwing things in a fit. Clearly, some people were better at handling tough situations than other people. Specifically, everyone else in the building, him being exempt with his little tantrum.