4 | 14

After walking for a few minutes, we came to an open ledge overlooking the main decks of the ship. Being a dumbass, Shane decided to yell out for his girlfriend. "TESSA!" Cade was the first to shove Shane's shoulder, shutting him up. "Oh, yeah, real smooth. Letting everyone know we're here!" I just rolled my eyes, totally done with their little feud. "Hey, can we get back to looking for Tessa?" Sam chuckled, seeing me taking charge, even with an injured leg. "We have- what- six minutes until this thing blasts off into space?"

It was funny to see Shane slowly begin to panic. As tough as he acted, that boy was a coward. "How are you okay with this?? We're on an alien ship!" Was he serious? This was my other life, the one I shared with Sam. "We're used to it." Sam just agreed with me, taking a moment to rest his arms. "Can you walk yet?" At Cade's questioning, I tested my injury by placing a little weight on my leg. It was painful, but it seemed to have improved a tiny bit since the bullet was no longer lodged in my thigh. "Hurts, but it's manageable."

We continued on through the ship, and I made do by walking close to the wall so I could have support when I needed it. Sam was still behind me, refusing to leave me alone. Cade was taking point and suddenly started to hurry backwards. "Back up, there's a patrol!" A couple of smaller Cybertronians were stalking towards us, ball-like Decepticons rolling along beside them. "Down here!" Sam pointed out an entrance to our left which led to a large room. There was three different walls of metal, each of them with their own tall statue which held a sword in a knightly manner.

"Rose, come on!" It was kind of hard to run with an injured leg, and Sam could see that. Before Shane or Cade could even try and help me, Sam had picked me up, running through the tall doorway. I held onto my brother, watching over his shoulder as Cade followed us, dragging Shane behind him. "We need weapons." Sam scoffed, gently placing me down against the side of the structure in the middle of the room. "Where are we going to find human-sized weapons on an alien ship?" Cade climbed up onto the structure in the middle, trying to scout out a possible hiding place if worst came to worst.

"I don't know, why don't you tell us? You're the one with experience." Shane snapped at Sam, but a loud shifting of metal shut the both of them up. Cade had leant on the hilt of the sword that was sticking up from the middle of the structure, and it had shifted to the side like some kind of unlocking mechanism. The tall statues in front of the metal walls began to fold in on themselves, along with the covers of the walls. It was some kind of armoury. Weapons were laden across all three walls, of all different shapes and sizes. "Weapons! Come on, help me grab one!"

Shane and Sam assisted Cade in retrieving one of the smaller weapons that were shaped like a sword. This ship has a thing for swords, doesn't it? Sam and Cade each grabbed one of the weapons, and had to dive behind the structure with me as the two Cybertronians walked into the room. I held my breath, hearing one of them make a series of noises to the other. Clearly, they knew something was up since we'd opened the armoury. "Are you with me?" Cade suddenly hissed, addressing my brother. Sam was quick to fiddle with his gun, arming it with the press of a panel.

"I'm with you." Cade was a little bewildered by my brother. "How'd you do that??" He messed with his own gun, and I could now hear one of the ball drones rolling closer to our hiding spot. "Press the- no, the other thing!" I'd watched Sam arm his own gun, so I grabbed Cade's gun and armed it myself, firing at the ball drone before it could scan us. While it alerted the Cybertronians, I'd at least saved us from whatever the drone might have attacked us with. "These guns are awesome!" Cade snatched it back from me before I could shoot anything else.

"Don't do that! Do not do that!" I just rolled my eyes as Cade peeked out from our hiding spot, firing at the nearest Cybertronian while Sam focused on the other. The guns seemed pretty powerful, easily dismembering the Cybertronians. "I'm so gonna patent this shit," Cade grinned, ushering us out from behind the structure. I held onto Sam again, trying to make my way along as fast as I could. As we turned a corner, I heard Tessa crying out for her father. She came sprinting out from a hallway, running straight to Shane rather than Cade.