3 | 2.12

As soon as the flashbang grenade went off, I started to sprint to the other end of the building. Sam was right behind me, along with the rest of the squad. We had nowhere to go, and with a pack of Decepticons right behind us, we had limited options. "Cover fire!" Epps and a few of his guys bought us time by firing back at the Decepticons while still running. I wanted to stop running since we were getting rather close to the windows, but I knew I didn't have any other choice. Since I was in the lead, I was going to have to make the hard decision.

"JUMP!" I went first shouldering my way through the glass window. It was a horrifying experience, jumping out of a building and free falling for a moment. The weightless feeling didn't remain, however, and I landed on the outside of the building, sliding down the smooth glass windows. "ROSE!" Sam was sliding down after me, and I did my best to try and stop myself from sliding. It didn't work, but Sam managed to grab my outstretched hand, linking the both of us. At least if I died, I'd die with my brother. Before I could start praying for us to live, someone shouted for us to shoot the windows. Most likely one of the men.

Those with guns took the initiative, shooting at the glass windows below us. Luck was on our side, and they shattered in time for us to fall through onto the lower level. It was another set of offices, and our descent wasn't slowed at all. There were fewer things to grab onto on this level, which made our survival chances much lower. My arms were scratched up from the constant sliding, and I could feel a nasty cut on my shoulder from when I broke through the window. Glass really didn't agree with me. I started to panic more, the closer I came to the dipping end of the building.

Below me, Sam managed to grab onto a hanging cable. It halted his descent, and he held out his arm for me. My heart was pounding now. What if I missed? I ignored the stupid thoughts in my head, reaching out for Sam. Before I could slide past, I grabbed onto my brother's hand. I came to a stop as well, half lying half hanging in Sam's grip. Most of the other men found their own holds, except for one that went flying out of the broken windows at the bottom. Epps had grabbed onto a cable as well, but he was sitting on the window frame, putting all his effort into NOT falling out the window.

"Is everyone okay?!" I yelled out a yes in reply to Epps, but the man who was supposed to fire the rocket decided to respond with a complaint. "What the hell was that?!" He got no reply from Epps, who then started to sound a little more panicked. "This evil thing is looking at me!" Was he talking about Shockwave? "He's got an undulating Decepticon with him!" Yeah, that's Shockwave alright. "Evac!" Sam helped me to stand up on the angled floor, and we both started to run to the other side of the building where Shockwave hopefully couldn't see us.

Sam left me for a moment to check out the window on the 'undulating Decepticon'. The sight musn't have been pretty because my brother called back in a panicked voice. "We gotta move!" The ruined office didn't provide much shelter let alone an escape, but running back to the stairwell was out of the question. We didn't get that far before the building creaked again, and rapidly started to fall to the side. Shockwave must have taken out the remaining support pillars for the building. "OH MY GOD-"

The building completely collapsed on its side, and I wasn't close enough to one of the pillars in order for me to have something to lean on. Leaving me to freefall towards the other end of the office level, to certain death. I could hear myself screaming as I fell, but was unable to do anything about it. Sam came to my rescue for the second time, grabbing me as I fell. I was surprised he didn't dislocate his shoulder since he was lying on his back on the pillar, now holding onto a full grown woman.

"Take her- Take her!" I felt someone on the lower floor grab my ankle, and suddenly Sam let me go. Rather than falling to my death, however, I landed on a broken fire escape. A little disorientated, I took a moment to gather my senses. And while I did this, I was staring straight into the gaping mouth of the worm-like minion of Shockwave. "SAM!" Noticing the impending Decepticon, my brother then made his way over, dropping down onto the fire escape, followed by the rest of our crew. We were trapped together now, all of us on the fire escape.