3 | 1.8

December

The weeks passed quickly, and eventually, the snow began to fall. Christmas was approaching, and I was officially on Winter Break as of this afternoon. Most of the students I knew were heading home to see their families, so I decided that we would do just that.

Sam had been a little unwilling, but mom had been begging us to come home for a break sometime since she missed us. After a few days of bugging Sam about it, he eventually agreed. Bee was up for it, but since it was a day and a half's drive to get from Jersey to California, it would be too long for me and Sam.

Sam made the decision for us to take a flight to L.A while Bee would drive on his own. He had an internal GPS so he couldn't get lost, but I was still a little worried. The morning of our flight, Bee was the one dropping Sam and I at the nearby airport.

"Rose, he's gonna be fine. He's capable." Bee's holoform was looking at me intently from the driver's seat of his altmode. "I know, I know." Leaving Sam with our suitcases, I stepped off the kerb and leaned down to Bee's window.

"Promise me you'll be safe. Don't actively search out Decepticons." Bee grinned, letting out a laugh. "I promise, I'll go straight to your parent's house. No hunting down Decepticons." Satisfied that he was being truthful, I quickly kissed him goodbye since Sam and I needed to check in soon. "See you tomorrow, princess."

Bee's tires squealed as he pulled away from the kerb, racing away from the airport. Our flight was at 8 am, and we were supposed to land in L.A around 1 pm. Bee would arrive the next day since it took way longer to drive than to take a flight.

"Come on, we need to check in."

| | |

Our flight was relatively painless. The weather was fine so we didn't get any turbulence. We landed at 1 pm, but customs took a while so we got out of the airport around two o'clock. Mom and dad were waiting for us in their SUV.

"Hey pumpkin," Dad greeted me with a bear hug, and mom was happy to grab me right after, leaving several kisses on my face.

"Thanks, mom." Sam was smirking about it until it was his turn to be made fun of. Once the greetings were over, they drove us back home.

When we arrived, Mojo and Frankie were excited to see us. I was also happy to see the two dogs since it's been months. My room was the exact same as I'd left it, and I suddenly felt very homesick, even though I was at home. My dorm was covered in pictures of me with friends from class, but my bedroom had pictures of me with the Autobots. This was my real life, the one I missed.

I missed being with the Autobots. They were my extended family, even if they were alien robots. I spent ten minutes unpacking my suitcase and looking through all my old stuff. I came upon a picture of me and Optimus.

He was listening intently as I talked about how it felt to dance. I remembered it vividly, and Optimus seemed so captivated as I explained what it was like. The picture was quite cute, and as I turned it over, I found a note scrawled on the back.

I got this shot when you were on base. It's like he's your father haha :)
Missing you, Lennox and Epps

Aw. I had always seen Optimus as some kind of father figure since he was always guiding me or teaching me some lesson about leadership. I didn't mind though, it was a once in a lifetime experience.

After unpacking, I spent time downstairs, catching up with mom about everything that had happened during my time at University, including the incident with James, and Bee standing up for me. To keep it short, I was being forced to take the rape whistle back with me when I returned to Princeton.