2 | 08

It was Bumblebee's engine that woke me up from my nap. Everyone else was gone, and I was the only one left in his cab. The vibration of his loud revving caused me to wake with a start, gasping from shock.

"Sorry Rose. I just thought you might want to sleep inside, rather than with me." Not that I was complaining, but what happened to princess? "Thanks for waking me up. Would've hated to miss a chance for a shower and some food."

As Bee shut off his engine, I headed into the motel room we were parked in front of. It looked as though Sam and Leo had stolen supplies again, bottles of water and bagged chips in a small pile on a table.

"Rose! Thought you'd never wake up." Sam spotted me first, Simmons busy studying a map. And Leo, well he was always busy mumbling about aliens. Simmons then spoke, without even turning away from his map.

"Witwicky, outside. Now." I knew he meant Sam, so I stayed put. My brother tossed his half-eaten packet of Doritos onto the table, leaving the motel room. And suddenly, Leo and I were alone.

Sam had left to talk to Simmons, and it had gone quiet from the three cars outside. I began making myself a coffee using the motel supplied coffee grounds and sugar, feeling almost nervous for some reason.

"Have a good nap?" Leo mumbled, playing with his hands. Looking up from my coffee, I merely nodded. "Mhm." Since Leo was sitting on one of the single beds in the room, I moved to sit down on the lone couch, opposite the other single bed.

There was an awkward silence in the room, and I tried my best to ignore it by focusing on my cup of coffee. Leo suddenly stood up from the bed, fidgeting with his hands even worse now.

"Rose, I, ah," Leo was finding it very hard to speak. I, of course, was confused as hell, shifting in my seat, taking a sip of my coffee. "You, you know you're giving off this vibe, right?" I raised an eyebrow, silently asking for him to continue.

Because I had no idea what the hell he was talking about. "I mean it's like you're trying to draw someone in." He stuffed his hands into his pockets, almost shaking now.

"What do you mean? I'm not doing anything." I put my coffee down on the side table next to my chair as Leo approached me. "You're doing something. It's almost like your entire being is pining for something."

What the hell? What does that even mean? Leo came closer, and for some reason, I couldn't object to it. My body was acting on its own, allowing Leo to come within inches of me.

Leo then leant in, pausing before our lips could touch. It was a moment of confusion, both of us confused as to what was happening. But before I could say anything, (not that I could of course), Leo kissed me.

Despite the fact that I knew Bumblebee was in recharge, I could hear his engine in the back of my mind and felt the vibration beneath my fingertips. I was actually thinking about a car while I was kissing a human. A sudden knock on the door made the both of us pause.

"Rose-" I was up and moving towards the door before Leo could do anything. I opened the door, allowing Sam to walk in. My lips were tingling, my heart was racing, and it felt like all the air in my lungs had been removed. "Hey. You okay?"

"I-ah-yeah. I'm good." Leo seemed affected too, back at his spot on the bed, looking out into the drab parking lot. "Leo, did anything happen while I was gone?"

As Sam checked over our remaining supplies, Leo hesitated with his reply. Sam noticed this and repeated the question. "Leo, did anything happen while I was gone? Any Decepticons, military or cops?"

Leo slowly shook his head. "No. Nothing but silence." He looked over at me for only a second, but it felt like an eternity, having Leo's eyes lingering on me. We kissed. Leo and I had kissed. Why did I actually consider kissing him in the first place?