3 | 2.1

"Don't give up! One more time, Lana!" The young teenager puffed as she pirouetted once more, this time nailing her balance and presentation. "Perfect! Keep this up and you'll be a professional in no time." Lana lifted her chin, grinning as her dance instructor praised her. "Thank you, Ms Witwicky!" The instructor, a woman barely older than Lana, began packing up her things as Lana left with her waiting mother. It was her phone that interrupted her packing. "Huh. Sam's got himself another interview. Let's hope this one goes better than the last."

Replying to the text, she packed her dance shoes into the bag, opting for a pair of sneakers in their place. Slinging the bag over one shoulder, the instructor made her way out of the dance studio, heading downstairs to the ground floor. Her transportation was waiting, parked neatly in the staff parking spot. A sleek Harley Davidson was resting there, a helmet with red and blue flames hanging off one handlebar. It was an inside joke she had with her brother over a certain semi truck with a similar paint job.

Tucking her bag securely into one of the side pouches of her motorcycle, which had been a gift from a very friendly colleague, she fastened the helmet around her neck, ensuring it would stay on during her ride home. Home to her was an apartment in downtown Chicago, small but comfortable, with a great view of the sunrise in the morning. She started the motorcycle, feeling its engine rumbling beneath her. A pang of longing struck her as she was reminded of her first car.

The handsome yellow Camaro with black racing stripes, who evidently had left her to work for NEST. She reminisced for a moment, eventually shaking her head, pushing the longing to the back of her mind. Pulling out of her parking spot, she revved the motorcycle's engine once, then twice, before taking off in the direction of her home.

| | |

Rose's POV
It was quiet when I got home. It always was, but it just made me miss having my brother around more than ever. My apartment building was one of the nicer ones in downtown Chicago, one with an underground parking lot for residents, allowing me to park my motorcycle without fear of it being stolen. The man who'd given it to me, Dylan, had become a good friend of mine. His parents owned a chain of dance studios as a sort of retirement hobby.

Dylan was CEO of his own company and regularly doted on me since I was keeping track of the Chicago branch of his parents dance studio company. Speak of the devil, as soon as I made it to the front door of my apartment, I found two things on the floormat. One was a small brown box, which had only my name on it. The second was a large bouquet of colourful flowers with a note nestled in between two roses.

Smiling to myself, I unlocked my front door, bringing both of the items inside. Setting the flowers on my dining table, I plucked the note out from the bouquet, scanning over it quickly.

My mother told me you're having a rough week, Duchess. I thought these flowers might brighten up your apartment, and remind you of me. Will you come see me tomorrow? I'll take you out for lunch. Love, Dylan xx

As much as I loved the gifts, I also felt horribly guilty. I had promised my heart to Bumblebee and yet tempted fate by hanging around Dylan. I could tell he was interested in me, but I wouldn't dare do anything with him. I loved Bumblebee, even if I hadn't spoken to him in months. With a soft sigh, I placed the note down on the table, almost forgetting to open the small brown package.

My curiosity was peaked as I untied the rope that held the lid of the box on tightly, taking off the lid. Inside the box, was a phone. It looked very sketchy, but I took it out, pressing the home button tentatively. It was an iPhone, one of the newer editions that had recently come out earlier this year. "What the hell..." Opening the contacts app, I found quite a few familiar names.