6 | 02 [BEE]

There weren't many people left from the TRF. Dr Harvison was one of them, along with several soldiers and a certain Lennox I knew well. Sam still wasn't talking to me. The windy weather had lessened, allowing us to stop for the night.

I had no need for food or water, so I simply waited in recharge mode while Sam got some rest and had a normal life for about seven hours. As soon as the sun rose, we were on the road again.

After hacking into the TRF's database with the help of Cade and Izabella, I'd found addresses of all our targets. One of them had to have information or a way to track the remaining Decepticons. If they didn't, I'd just have to kill them and move on.

Loose ends would just make this harder. Footsteps from the motel room's door alerted me to movement, and I flicked on my headlights to spot the intruder. Sam was standing there, an arm covering his eyes.

"Hey, Bee..." He seemed sheepish to be out this late. Nevertheless, I turned off my headlights and engaged my holoform, allowing me to lean against my altmode with my arms crossed. "What's wrong?"

He approached me almost nervously. Probably because he thought I was still angry with him because of this morning. I hadn't meant to yell at him. "I just wanted to check how you were doing."

He stopped on the edge of the footpath, refusing to come any further. In fact, he looked nervous. Scared, even. The thought made my insides squirm since I never meant to do this. Scare Sam, or cause him any emotional harm.

Sam was family. At least, I hoped he still was. "Why are you scared of me?" Instead of chatting about my feelings, I got straight to the point. Asking why the fuck he was so jittery around me now.

I shifted my weight as I stared at him expectantly. He was toying with the hem of his shirt, avoiding my eyes. "You're just... You're not the same anymore."

Hearing him say that made my holoform go cold. I knew I was different now that Rose was gone, but I couldn't be so different that Sam was scared to be around me. "What do you mean? How am I not the same?"

My tone remained level as I replied, but I could feel my fists clenching. I tried to stay positive. I tried being the nice person. I tried being peaceful. But that didn't work. Rose was taken from me. If the only way to get her back was to kill and be ruthless, then so be it.

"I mean you're not the Bumblebee I know! You're always angry, you always snap at me and get pissy when we get held up! You don't even realise that I want to find Rose just as badly as you do!"

Within seconds, I was storming towards him. He started to back up hurriedly, eyes wide as I gripped the front of his shirt, lifting him off the ground by a centimetre. "No, no you have no fucking clue," I growled, baring my teeth. "She means the world to me. I didn't protect her, and now she's out there in the hands of Barricade. Who's probably destroying her as we speak!"

My voice raised to a yell as I finished, letting go of his shirt. He stumbled before catching his balance. "You know what?! Fuck you!" Sam snapped. "She's my SISTER! Just because you screw her occasionally and have delusional feelings of love does NOT MEAN YOU CARE FOR HER MORE!"

He finished with an almost scream, before storming back into the motel room, slamming the door behind him. His words stung, like bullets embedded in the chassis of my altmode. I felt like punching something.

My holoform's chest heaved as I growled to myself, pacing around my altmode once before slamming one of my balled fists into the side of my altmode. It left a sizeable dent in the hood, and I felt it aching in my holoform's chest.

Ignoring this, I disengaged my holoform and started up my altmode, wheels spinning on the concrete as I left the parking lot, ripping into the dirt lining the side of the road as I headed for the open road.