3 | 1.4

September

With our discovery of the Decepticon came the eventual phone call. Bee cut our camping trip short, urging us to pack up so he could get us back to Princeton. The ride back was quiet, both Sam and I too confused about the Con to actually talk to one another.

Once we were back in Princeton, I stowed away our camping stuff in my dorm since it was only me and an empty bed on the other side of the room. Bee engaged his holoform, following me up to my dorm room from where his altmode was parked in the student parking lot. Sam joined us a minute later after he'd greeted Leo.

"We need a phone." Bee had sat down on my bed, his holoform looking visibly upset. I was quick to offer my phone for whatever he needed. He gave me a number, which I created a contact for. I then rang the number, putting it on speaker.

"This is Colonel William Lennox speaking." I got a little excited since I hadn't seen or spoken to Will since we came back from Egypt. "Will it's me, Rose!"

There was chatter on the other line before Will replied. "Witwicky? How'd you get this number?" Bee held out his hand for the phone, and I reluctantly handed it over.

"Lennox, it's Bumblebee. I'm using my holoform to speak with you. Now, Rose and Sam took me camping, and we came across a Decepticon that was hidden in a cave. I had to kill him in order to protect Rose."

A moment of silence. "I see. Where's the body?"

Bee gave the coordinates of our previous location, having a short discussion with Will over the details of the Con and what its intentions could have possibly been. But he soon hung up, handing me my phone.

"So? What's going to happen to the Con?"

Sam leaned against the wall, crossing his arms in front of his chest. I was still sitting beside Bee on my bed, and I shifted closer to him when he didn't answer straight away.

"They're going to pick up the body and dump it in the trench where Megatron was deposited. Lennox has stationed me as your guardian again in case of any more Decepticon attacks."

I cheered rather loudly, earning a look from Sam. "Shush. You know Vicky'll get mad again if you continue to be loud." Right. I knew that.

| | |

October

Bee was permanently parked in the student parking lot now, and I tried to keep him entertained, but it was kind of hard to find a secluded area when you're in the middle of campus. Nearly a week had passed since we had come back from our camping trip, and I'd made a few more friends in my practical lectures.

This included a guy named James. He was friendly enough if a little pushy at times. He'd tried multiple times to get me to go with him to a frat party, but I wasn't having it. Parties were a waste of time in my books.

But now, as I walked up the stairs with a coffee from the campus cafe in my hands, I found James waiting for me at the top.

"Hey, Rose!"

Even though I was flattered that he'd waited for me, I was also a little embarrassed. He was trying a bit too hard to coerce me into partying with him.

"Hi, James." I shifted on the spot, also weary because Bee was parked only metres away, probably within audial range of our conversation.

"So, I know you don't like parties, but Logan and Harry are having an awesome Halloween party next week, and I was wondering if you'd like to go with me. It won't be too big of a thing."