Lightweight Overview

Done at the request of a fan. I’ll do it by groups of five chapters.

*Chapters 1-5

            We start with Desiree (Lyric) going on tour with Backstreet (composed of Calvin(CJ), Tremaine(Trey), Matthew(Matty), and Micah(Prince) ) and P.Y.T (Camilla(Mila), Jailee (Star), and Breaunna (Bree)). We learn Jailee is with Matthew and Camilla is with Micah.We learn early on that she has trauma following her from the past, but we don’t know what- just that it still affects her today. Early on the tour, Mila is jealous of the attention Lyric gets from the boys and the fans, so she finds any and every reason to talk about her behind her back- not knowing that Lyric hears every word of it. After a small incident, Mila calls Lyric a bitch and Lyric curses her out to let it be known she doesn’t really care for anyone of the tours opinion of her.

*Chapters 6-10

            Mila is forced to apologize by the other girls but doesn’t really want to. We learn CJ has a crush on Desiree, and for some reasons she finds herself feeling a little guilty when she rejects him, but that doesn’t stop her from doing it. We learn Lyric takes Anti-Depressant and haves old bruises on her body that won’t fade away. Lyric has a breakdown at the rehearsals where we learn something did happen to her, but we don’t know what actually happened, and we learned she believes in God (being a Christian). She blacks out, and we learn she has in fact been abused (though it what way is not fully stated)but is it not directly stated, but we can assume a Dad. After blowing off Star and Bree checking to make sure she was okay, Leslie (her manager) warns her to be nice, while also trying to tell her it may be best for her to quit the tour.

The boy P.O.V chapter reveals to us Matthew thinks Lyric is shallow, Trey and CJ think she’s troubled, and Prince is on the border. We learn that CJ is going to pursue her romantically, and we know that Prince does in fact have some interest in her, but thinks she’s crazy while also wanting to help her. We learn Breaunna and Matthew are in a secret affair with each other. We learn that Jailee has major self-esteem issues and suspicions of Matty cheating, but not for sure with whom. The chapter ends with Star cutting herself and someone else walking in the bathroom.

*Chapter 11-15

            Lyric walks in to find Star after she cut herself and immediately helps her. We learn Lyric use to harm herself too, and feels like Star is a miniature her in a way of feeling like no none else understands. Star confides in her the suspicions against Ray. At an interview, it’s subtly revealed CJ has a crush on Lyric. Lyric calls herself going to confront Calvin about it, and he pretty much tells her she has issues she needs to stop running from, and to stop pushing people away because they both know she wants them close. Jailee finds a mysterious name in Matty’s phone and confronts him about it, she finds out the name is Bree’s and then her suspicions of them begin. CJ and Lyric  end up going on a date where Lyric finally opens up to him, but later tells him she’s too much work and he deserves better. He says he’s not going anywhere. Lyric breaks down to Leslie about all she wants is answers she’ll never be able to receive. The chapters end with Lyric telling Star she shouldn’t settle, and Star telling Lyric she needs to accept CJ because he’s truly there for her.

*Chapters 16-20

            After another breakdown form Lyric, CJ wonders if pursuing her is really a smart move and Lyric is trying to open but finds she’s holding herself back. It’s the last three weeks of tour and Jailee couldn't help but question Matthew whenever they were alone and she hated to see him and Breaunna together. Lyric was ready to leave Calvin alone, and Calvin was considering taking the easier route. CJ discovers Lyric’s bruises and assumes her Mom or Dad had been beating her before, but she tells him nothing. Star learns that Bree and Matty were, in fact, having an affair when she catches them kissing, but she doesn’t tell them she say.

*Chapters 21-25

* Star tried to kill herslef

* Lyric finds her body and they go to the hospital where she is stabilized

* Star tells Lyric Matty was cheating, but not with who, and Lyric calls herself confronting him and has a bad flashback when he aggressively hold her down when they’re alone.

*Star’s mom decided to take her out of group and go back home in Atlanta

*Lyric finds out her Mom had cancer for 2 years

*Everything gets to her, and she faints on stage during the show

*Micah surprisingly stayed behind while she was in the hospital, and we learn him and Mila broke up.

*We learn that Lyric had a minor addiction to prescription pills b/c she used to have to take 4 pills, twice a day.

*We find out Bree is pregnant

*Mila and Lyric almost fight in the hospital room when Lyric won’t tell her what her and Prince talked about

*After a video of her and her Dad in a *god moment* is leaked during an interview, she has a break down, running off stage and curses out Calvin, telling him he means next to nothing to her, in which he tells her he’s done wasting his time and she realizes how much she screwed up.

*Lyric decided it’s too much for her to handle and to leave the tour

*Before leaving, gives Craig a letter, telling him everything about her Dad sexually and physically abusing her

*Chapter 25 is the letter, with everyone finally learning exactly what happened to her

*Chapter 26- 30

*Two weeks later, on birthday, never left mom side.

*Lyric forgot it was the last day of tour, meaning everyone is back in L.A

*Goes home to realize Mom arranged for Micah, Calvin, and Jailee to her house

*CJ and Lyric make up

*Boys leave to practice for tour

*Lyric finds out Bree and Matty were in affair, meaning Bree is likely pregnant by Matty, and tries to tell Star but is continuously interrupted

*At concert, boys bring her on stage to sing happy birthday, where CJ kisses her on the cheek

*Lyric confronts Bree and gives her ultimatum of either her telling Jailee or she tells her.

*Bree and Star get in a physical fight, where Star disappears after Matty blurts out Bree is pregnant

*At studio Lyric sings a song made entirely for CJ

* At home, Dad is back and tries to rape her again but CJ stops him right before any serious damage is done

*Lyric asks CJ to have sex with her so she can feel the difference.

*CJ agrees

*Chapters 31

            The only major things are Lyric and Jailee have a minor altercation, but solve it. CJ leaves for his break with family in Atlanta and Lyric decides she doesn’t want to put a clear label on their relationship (even though the thought of him leaving hurts) because they don’t know where they’ll be in a little while with her impending decision between moving back to Chicago or staying in L.A. CJ leaves, and that ends the chapter.

SO, I am currently working on the next chapter. It’s just very emotional and taking a lot of energy because it’s easily over 5 pages already, and I didn’t even get to the main part yet.