Step Four

Dedicated to : ExquisiteBeautie for giving everything I write a chance. Love you,Babes!

I moved all of the furniture out the way, grunting because the sofa had to outweigh me by at least fifty pounds.  Still, it had to be moved because the last thing I would want is to sprain my ankle on a rug twenty-four hours before my fourth show. We were now in Kansas City, Minnesota for three days. I will never fully understand the tour schedule, but I think I have the basics. Since the tour is starring the boys, if they have a high fan base in the city they stay longer. If they have a small, but still noticeable fan base, that stay for a day- jam packing a meet and greet and show in one day. Confusing, right? Then, because of the fact some of us on tour are still minors (meaning Mila, Trey, and Me) they still have to give us break days. Todays was one of those break days.

The girls went to the mall but I decided to stay behind.  It’s been weeks since I've danced just to dance and it was starting to irritate me. We’ve been performing every day for the last five days.  Today was the only break day for five more days.  Tomorrow is a meet and greets, then the concert, and then we're back on the road. I needed the relief of doing something I wholeheartedly enjoyed, and while shopping usually made that list, it wasn’t at the top. Plus, I wanted to be alone with having to hear someone complaining, or having to fake a smile and endure fake like from a girl I know doesn’t like me.

Ever since that day backstage Mila’s attitude with me has gotten increasingly worse; from stank looks to under the breath comments.  I can't even describe my urge to say something to her.  Being a firm believer that biting your tongue harms your soul, she doesn't have much longer for this attitude to continue. Still, I’m trying to be the bigger person and just leave her alone by putting distance between her. Granted, we share a tour bus and hotel rooms, so not that much space can separate us, but something is always better than nothing.

I brushed her away from my mind as I listened to the beat of the song playing.  The music floated across the room, the only noise I could hear and would even acknowledge. The rough beat engulfed my body and I began to dance.  Whatever came to my mind I did.  This was my happy place. I could be as soft as I wanted; as slow as I wanted; as fast as I wanted.  Music accepted me for me and I loved it for itself. It was my life.

The upbeat rhythm of one song ended as another began. My throat was parched from all of the previous movement so I turned to get some water, only to be met with the four amused faces of Backstreet. Startled would not begin to describe my reaction; I was terrified! Imagine being in your own little words, alone, and then four people of the opposite gender just magically appear. Then add on the fact you don’t really want to be bothered with any of their company. Now you have my emotions right now.

"Y'all are ugly for that." I commented once my heartbeat slowed down. "And how did y'all get in this room? It was locked."

Matty held up a key card with a devious smirk to match it. "Keisha gave us her card."

"And you used it because...?" I asked, grabbing my robe and putting it over myself. Standing in the middle of a room by myself in a sports bra and shorts with four hormonal teen boys? Yeah, not a good idea. "Get out."

"Ouch." Trey said. "That hurt."

"And a lot more will hurt if you ever sneak up on me like that. Excuse me." I went to the kitchen while also grabbing my clothes off of my bed. I got a bottle of water from the refrigerator and went in the bathroom. Sighing, I put on my outfit of pink skinny jeans, a blue flowing tank-top with 'L♥VE" in black and black sneaker-wedges with rhinestones on the back. My hair was in a neat bun on top of my head, and my accessories a pink pair of lips and black bangles. I then took my daily pill, placing the bottle deep I my makeup pouch before zipping it up again.