Step Nine

Dedicated to : its_me_jay because...I felt like it :P

A/N Despite the chapter, do not think for a second this is a love-triangle story...because it's NOT

Boys Omniscient

The boys sat in the crowded living room of the tour bus, minus DJ Big Deal who was asleep in his tour bus bed compartment. Motion sickness hit both him and Trey with a force, but Trey simply lied in a corner of the couch with a pillow over his head. It was his attempt to block out the world on this bus. Matty sat across from Trey, aimlessly throwing a football in the air, awaiting a phone call from his Girl. CJ was doing what he always does in boring moments: singing whatever random song lyrics came into his mind. He was scrolling through his news feeds on Instagram. Prince scrolled through news feeds on Twitter and Facebook, reading comments on recent tour updates. He was surprised by the sudden rise of comments following Lyrics join of the tour. Sure, whenever there’s a tour a lot of comments arise, but now most of them pertained to Lyric. He wasn't sure how he felt about that.

"Yo, can you believe how big Lyric blew up in that short amount of time?" Prince asked.

Matty rolled his eyes in annoyance. It was always Lyric this and Lyric that. If it wasn't CJ saying it then it was Prince. "Yeah, so?"

"I mean, who just shoots up that fast?" Prince inquired. "It's cool."

"Did you just say cool?" Matty asked, eyes widening. "You are so whipped."

That statement hit CJ the wrong way, but he tried not to let it affect him. "How does Mila feel about that?"

"About what?" Prince scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion.

"You liking Lyric." Trey popped up, immersed in this conversation.

"I do not like her like that. That's Calvin girl, anyway." The words hurt him to say that. In a pit of his mind, he did like Lyric. She seemed down-to- earth and cool at the few interviews and award shows she was at, plus she was pretty and smart. But now, she appeared shallow in all of their eyes, minus CJ and Trey, and Prince didn't know how that made him feel. "She seems too...shallow."

"She isn't." Trey and CJ said in unison.

"Okay, this is rare, but I actually have to agree with Prince on this one." Matty voiced his opinion. "I don't know who shoved the stick up her ass, but they need to pull it back out."

"She's not even that bad." CJ said.

"Key word, 'that'." Matty argued.

"Man, I thought she was one of those divas, until the whole tour rehearsal bathroom bus scene." Trey interjected.

They all shivered at that memory. Lyric wasn't an easy to talk to person, but it was obvious she was one to always keep a guard up. Appearance easily meant everything to her, and so did a reputation, so seeing her in a desperately weak moment threw everyone off the rocket, into Mars. To see her easily breaking, and hear her muffled screams through thick walls, it didn't take a neurosurgeon to know something wasn't right in her life. The only thing was what? She seems so normal, most of the time, and strong, what could possibly break her?

"Something’s not right in her life." CJ said. His thoughts were still on her broken facade. "We just don't know what."

"And let me guess, you want to be the one to fix it?" Matty asked, returning to throwing his ball in the air.

"Ain't any want. It's going to happen." He leaned back in the seat, placing his headphones in his ears. Matty and Trey laughed, wondering if that was possible, and when it would happen.